Clear all

Built your own guitar?

27 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
 MCH
(@mch)
Trusted Member

Building your own can be more expensive. You also need some tools and area to work. I suppose you can buy all the parts and just assemble. To me building a guitar gives you the chance to build something different. Creativity. My first build was a Mockingbird copy out of walnut. This gave me a chance to get the feel of building. Then I built a more unusual design (a Zachish style). I then built a design of my own. I call it a Strelevarius. I'm sure this design is not for everyone. But it is mine and I'm enjoying it. It's a combination of woods. Flame maple top, walnut layer and then pine on the back. With a maple sound board running in the center for a solid neck attachment. It is heavily chambered.
The stand is also my build.
I would like to build an unusual acoustic next.

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

That one really looks like an "axe!" I like it!

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@97reb)
Noble Member

MCH, is there another pickup under that bridge cover? and how is that bridge cover attached?
It rocks! :twisted:

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

That guitar stand rocks, too!

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
 MCH
(@mch)
Trusted Member

MCH, is there another pickup under that bridge cover? and how is that bridge cover attached?
It rocks! :twisted:
Yes there is another p/u under the bridge cover; a single coil. The cover simply pulls off; pressure fit. The cover is basically a decoration. When playing the cover is usually off.

ReplyQuote
(@97reb)
Noble Member

A bridge p90 to match/go with the neck PUP! Okay. Could you please upload a close up of the bridge area w/out the cover on?

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote
(@ksac32)
Reputable Member

Nice guitar-your next one should be matched like a puzzle piece to fit together :D
cool design

http://www.soundclick.com/kensacco
http://www.soundclick.com/thetools

ReplyQuote
 MCH
(@mch)
Trusted Member

A bridge p90 to match/go with the neck PUP! Okay. Could you please upload a close up of the bridge area w/out the cover on?

The neck p/u is a P-90 and the bridge is a Repro 1950'S (or a 1960's?) Telecaster Alnico Boutique Bridge Pickup single coil. (GFS)

ReplyQuote
(@97reb)
Noble Member

cool, I see what's up with the bridge cover now.

ReplyQuote
(@clau20)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Nice guitar!

" First time I heard the music
I thought it was my own
I could feel it in my heartbeat
I could feel it in my bones
... Blame it on the love of Rock'n'Roll! "

ReplyQuote
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

That tree was destined to become that guitar!

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

ReplyQuote
(@crkt246)
Honorable Member

that is a sweet lookin guitar! :D

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2