Clear all

Celtic Music

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@artistx13)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

My Muse hit me in the face today with a brick of inspiration....a celtic sounding song. now my problem is pretty much the only celtich things ive heard is from braveheart and various odd little ditty or two. So my question is what are some good Celtic Artists, Folk singers with a celtic twist, celtic guitarist. and What are some other resources that could help me out. David Hodge's Article left me craving more =)
Thanks

Micheal

"I named my son Marshall, yeah I named him after the amp. Of course that wasnt my first choice, I was gonna name him Peavy but my wife didnt like it."- Ron "Tater Salad" White

(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member

Flogging Molly, The Corrs, The Chieftans, Mary Black, James Galway, Carbon Leaf, Clannad, The Waterboys, The Clancy Brothers, Great Big Sea, Paddy Reilly, Dubliners, Irish Rovers, Capercaillie, Altan, Seamus Brett, Hothouse Flowers, The Pogues, Dublin City Ramblers, John McDermott, Seven Nations, Old Blind Dogs, Natalie MacMaster, Gaelic Storm, Mary McLaughlin, Frank Patterson, Black 47, Phil Coulter, Keven Burke, The Levellers, Kate Price, Martin Hayes, Kirsty MacColl, Alasdair Fraser, John Renbourn, Lunasa, Royal Scots Dragoon Guards, Boys of the Lough, Shilelagh Law, Barley Juice . . .

That should get you started ...

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." -- HST

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

for more info try:

http://forums.celticguitartalk.com/

ReplyQuote
(@rodya-s-thompson)
Estimable Member

If what my geaneology-obsessed grandparents tell me is right, my distant cousin on my Dad's side is Sean Smyth, the fiddler for Lunasa.

(Which would be another example why there seems to be a lot of musically talented people on my Dad's side of the family, and bupkiss on my Mom's)

Also, the Irish Rovers and Black 47 have played up at my school, caught both of 'em - quality tunes. :)

Henry Garza, Saul Hudson, and Darrell Abbott could not be here tonight, but they all had sex and are proud to announce the birth of their two-headed baby, Rodya S. Thompson.

- Paraphrased from the Tenacious D series

ReplyQuote