Clear all

Chords

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@steve-0)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

One of my new goals on the guitar is to start figuring out more complex and colourful chords on the guitar and how to put them in context. I was thinking at first that I would learn jazz guitar: but I really don't like jazz to the point of where i'd study it. I've learned some songs like SRV's Lenny and Riviera Paradise which have some interesting voicings but I wouldn't mind learning more. My question is, should I find more songs like those to study? should I find more colourful chords like that and learn them? I really just don't know where to start.

Steve-0

(@axeslasher)
Trusted Member

I went out and picked up a good guitar chord dictionary. Then, I started going through songs I know replacing chords to hear what "sounds good". Of course, a "real" musician will have some idea of what sounds good due to theory studies, I don't (workin' on it, but not yet). You'd be surprised at some of the sounds that come out... pretty cool :)

"Sometimes you want to give up the guitar, you'll hate the guitar. But if you stick with it, you're gonna be rewarded." - Jimi Hendrix

ReplyQuote