Clear all

A Few Unexcepted Problems.

7 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Hi, today has been a rough day for my guitars.

1) First, the power supply for my V-Amp is shot. Its old, and used, so its not under warranety. One of the four small prongs that goes in to the V-Amp broke off, and now power stills goes to the machine, but no sound comes out, and the tuner function dosen't work. Where can I pick up a power supply for this, will one from a stomp box work?

2) I went to restring my acoustic for a small set I'm playing tomorrow, and the nut came off when I started winding the low E string. Can I just glue it back on, with a high quality wood glue?

Thanks!

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

You can go right to Behringer to order the part at Behringer support. They may point you to a service center.

And yes, any quality wood glue will do the job. Avery light coat and make sure it seats the way it originally was.

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@paul-donnelly)
Noble Member

Your nut probably doesn't actually need glue.

ReplyQuote
(@elgalad)
Eminent Member

Greetings,

Hmm, I don't know about the power supply, but as far as the nut goes, I think Paul may be right. The previous nut on my current electric was not glued on, it was just held in place by the string tension. However, when I recently got the nut changed to graphite, the guitar tech did glue the new nut on.

Hope this helps.

Use the Big Muff, Luke

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I called Behringer and pretty much got the run around. They want me to call like six places, email a few others, and fax off a whole lot of information, as well as send a money order, but they didn't say where.

So, I need to know if there are any other power supplies that would work?

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

Would this help. Replacement Power Supply?

I don't know what yours looks like. Is that along the lines of what you were looking for?

ReplyQuote
(@undercat)
Prominent Member

I'm not intimately familar with the unit, but for most power sources you don't have to get them by brand, just matched by milliamps.

My old Digitech effects unit used a power supply by HPro, my Wah used an Ibanez, so I think it's just a matter of getting the power level right.

Do something you love and you'll never work a day in your life...

ReplyQuote