Clear all

Classical guitar Polish

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@metallicaman)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Hello. I have as you all know, A Godin La Patrie Etude full sized Classical guitar. I talked to the owner of the Guitar store i bought it from and he says that the best thing is to NOT use any polish at all. The dryer the woods the better the tone. He said there is some type of polish meant for that wood but the best thing is just not to use any at all. I understand this and all but GOD ITS SOOO BEAUTIFUL I just want to make it even BETTER!!!! lol. So should I stick with the very very very lightly dampend rag and towels to to dry over or is there a SAFE polish that is totally meant for that wood that wont bother it at all. Or do you guys have any chemicals or any tricks that help the shine but dont hurt the woods? Thanks.

Ps I bought this polish meant for guitars at the guitar store thinking it was fret board stuff but i was wrong, could i still use it on my Jackson or La patrie???
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Guitar/Accessories?sku=421900

Sing Me A Song Your a Singer, Do me a wrong, your a bringer of evil. - Dio

(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

I use a dry micro-fibre window cloth. Takes off all the greasy hand and finger marks, etc. and leaves no residue. I hang one on the back of each of my guitar stands, so that it's there when I need it.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@tim_madsen)
Prominent Member

I would go to the manufacturers website and see what they have to say about how to care for it.

Tim Madsen
Nobody cares how much you know,
until they know how much you care.

"What you keep to yourself you lose, what you give away you keep forever." -Axel Munthe

ReplyQuote
(@u2bono269)
Noble Member

i never use polish. i get a polish cloth. like planet waves. they make a good one. it'll clean and shine your guitar wonderfully.

i have a martin guitar with a hand-applied finish on the top. it's very thin, much like your classical. i contacted martin and they told me that their Martin Polish would work just fine on it. I assume it's the same for your guitar. if you cant find on thier website, email customer support.

http://www.brianbetteridge.com

ReplyQuote