Converting Midi's t...

Notifications
Clear all

Converting Midi's to mp3 or wav?

58 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)

Is there a way to convert midi's to either a wav or mp3? I have a backing track I would like to import into Guitar Port (one of the ones on Arjen's Blues lesson) but it only accepts mp3 or wav...not midi?

Thanks

(@snarfy)
Estimable Member

I found quite a few utilities that will do the job......but I wasn't able to find any free ones, unfortunately.

I did a google search on "midi to wav", but I didn't have a lot of time to look through all of the results.

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

I found quite a few utilities that will do the job......but I wasn't able to find any free ones, unfortunately.

I did a google search on "midi to wav", but I didn't have a lot of time to look through all of the results.

Yea I already did that and got the same results. I just thought someone had a program in mind that was free

thanks

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

Do you have a soundblaster?

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

See if this is what you need.

I punched in, "free converting midi to .wav program" into google.

Hope that helped!

Mike

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

See if this is what you need.

I punched in, "free converting midi to .wav program" into google.

Hope that helped!

Mike

Nice try tracker but the only free one there was junk. I couldn't figure it out plus I don't think it was a converter anyway.

Thanks

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Mike. Since you are primarily using it for repetitive backing tracks just use one of the pay for ones that give you like 60 seconds of conversion during the trial. If you like it and think you will need it again then you can buy it.

You can then copy the 60 second version multiple times until you get the amount you need. This is easy to do in Kristal and Audacity.

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

You can then copy the 60 second version multiple times until you get the amount you need. This is easy to do in Kristal and Audacity.

I was shocked that Audacity won't open MIDI files. I already have another converter but it also doesn't do MIDI's.

You would thing with the popularity of midi files in music that it would an easier task.

Thanks

ReplyQuote
(@backtothefuture)
Estimable Member

Try Total Recorder. You can record your 60 seconds with the trail version of this. The trial version is free and the standard version costs $11.95.

The trick with Total Recorder is you play back your file in Windows Media Player and it converts whatever your computer hears to wav.

I just tried doing a midi this way and it works fine.

Hope this helps,
Dennis

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Set Audacity to record the ougoing signal (Master, What You Hear, names vary per card) and then record with audacity while playing the midi in media player.

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

For some reason the midis won't play in media player? Only Quicktime and the sound terrible!

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Have you set your Midi playback device correctly in windows?

ReplyQuote
(@backtothefuture)
Estimable Member

Open Media Player and go to "file" and open the midi file FROM the WMP.

That should work.

Dennis

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

That Total recorder really screwed up my system! I had to uninstall it in order to get the midi's to play right. I would avoid that program

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

My Windows Media Player DOES NOT play Midis. Only Quicktime will play them?

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 4