Clear all

Converting Midi's to mp3 or wav?

58 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

For some reason the midis won't play in media player? Only Quicktime and the sound terrible!

Right click and "open with".

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

For some reason the midis won't play in media player? Only Quicktime and the sound terrible!

Right click and "open with".

Did that and No Go...ONLY Quicktime? And I can't stand Quicktime!

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

Un-install it?

When you first installed Quicktime, there was an option to what you wanted Quicktime to open. If you breezed past that stage (like I did) then you have to go into the Quicktime options to change the setting you agreed to (like I did).

Mike

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

Un-install it?

When you first installed Quicktime, there was an option to what you wanted Quicktime to open. If you breezed past that stage (like I did) then you have to go into the Quicktime options to change the setting you agreed to (like I did).

Mike

True but Media Player should still play it if I Right Click and select Open With...WinAmp doesn't even play the midis...

ReplyQuote
(@backtothefuture)
Estimable Member

Windows Media Player version 9 and higher will play midi files.

Dennis

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

My Windows Media Player DOES NOT play Midis. Only Quicktime will play them?Try installing WMP 10 from Microsoft since it plays them fine.

By the way, Audacity will import MIDI under the project tab but I have never tried it.

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

My Windows Media Player DOES NOT play Midis. Only Quicktime will play them?Try installing WMP 10 from Microsoft since it plays them fine.

By the way, Audacity will import MIDI under the project tab but I have never tried it.

I have version 10 installed..don't work...

I tried importing the midi into audacity and it was all garbled...maybe if someone else can try to see it it works?

Thanks

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

I just played 3 midis in WMP 10 so you may want to uninstall it and reinstall it.

DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Mike, if ALL those programs have problems I really think your card isn't properly set to play MIDI.

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

Does it give you an error message?

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

Mike, if ALL those programs have problems I really think your card isn't properly set to play MIDI.
Well then why does Quicktime play them no problem? Plus when I click on the links they play fine in my browser (which also has the quicktime plugin)..

Keep in mind...I am fairly good with computers...I built 3 so far...

Thanks anyway

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

Yes, right click the speaker in your "task tray" > adjust audio properties > audio > (under midi music playback) volume > make sure the "SW Synth" in not muted and the volume is up.

Mike

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

Yes, right click the speaker in your "task tray" > adjust audio properties > audio > (under midi music playback) volume > make sure the "SW Synth" in not muted and the volume is up.

Mike

OK TRacker you were close...With Guitar POrt installed I have 2 options for Midi Play back...Guitar POrt itself or Microsoft GS Wavetable SW Synth (which is what it is SUPPOSED to be on). I just switched it from Guitar POrt and it works now!

Boy I will say you guys just wouldn't give up!!! Thanks for all the help everyone!!!!

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Boy I will say you guys just wouldn't give up!!! Thanks for all the help everyone!!!!

That is how these folks learned how to play guitar PERSISTENCE

DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

What are you talking about "I was close". I was spot on! :lol:

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 4