Does anyone here play a parker?

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
 jman
(@jman)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

I am interetsed in the parker p-42. I know it's not the most advanced parker model but It's in my price range. I am wondering if this guitar will fit my playing style, ( sort of alternative/heavy metal/punk) Any reccomendations will be appreciated.
thanks

Quality cannot be defined. Recognize that it exists and admire it for what it is.

(@artlutherie)
Noble Member

Parkers Kick Donkey!!! If you can afford it buy it you'll have no regrets. Can't think of any style of music they aren't made for.

Chuck Norris invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear!
ChuckNorrisFactsdotCom

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

I played the new single-cut version of it today. Looks good, but I didn't find much else to set it apart from other double 'bucker guitars in the price range. Before buying, you might compare it to ESP/LTD, Ibanez and Yamaha models, as they may give you more for your money.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@hueseph)
Noble Member

Did you try one with transducers in the bridge? For me it's all bout those transducers.

https://soundcloud.com/hue-nery/hue-audio-sampler

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Well that's actually the point -- no piezo bridge pup in the P-42, so it's not much different from a lot of other dual tapped-humbucker axes. The P-38. -40 and -44 do have the piezo bridges. But PM-10 and PM-20 -- the single-cut versions I played today -- also lack the piezo.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote