Notifications
Clear all

Drooling is over, it is MINE

23 Posts
18 Users
0 Likes
(@primeta)
Prominent Member

Oh my, hadn't realized about the electronics in it. The piezo will pickup the acoustic sound of the hollowboady so you can pick and match sounds from both acoustic and electric pickups.

"Things may get a whole lot worse/ Before suddenly falling apart"
Steely Dan
"Look at me coyote, don't let a little road dust put you off" Knopfler

ReplyQuote
(@afterblast)
Estimable Member

dude congrats that is one cool lookin guitar.

wherever you go, there you are.

ReplyQuote
(@margaret)
Noble Member

Geooo wrote: after playing an acoustic electric for over a year now...

So this is your first electric? DOUBLE congratulations then! You're going to have a lot of fun with it. :!:

Margaret

When my mind is free, you know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue, the guitar's comin' through to soothe me ~

ReplyQuote
(@banre)
Reputable Member

Did you get the one with the Piezo pickup?

It says it has Duncan Designed HB-102 pickups but in the electronics it says "Elec Vol/Tone/3-way Piezo vol/Tone QuickSwitch Mini Toggle @ Elec/Mixed/Piezo output" and the bridge "TonePros System w/ Graph Tech “Ghost” Piezo" I thought a piezo was a pickup so that doesnt make sense to me. I am sure it does to some of you. Never heard of a "ghost" Piezo either. Interesting.

I appreciate all the well wishes too. I couldnt wait to get home to take some pics and tell you guys. You had to put up with my whining for a while now. I'll tell you what though, after playing an acoustic electric for over a year now... this thing is MUCH different to play. Going to take some getting use too.. I dont mind :D I didnt want to come to work today.

Jim

Yeah, you did get that one! Man, we have very similar tastes in guitars, for sure. If I were buying today, it would take me a LONG time to decide between the C-1 and the one you just bought.

That guitar can make just about any sound you want. It has the normal bridge and neck humbucking pickups (I think they can both be split to single coil as well), in addition to the piezo pickup in the bridge. There is an extra 3-way switch on there that will flip between just normal magnetic pickups, a mix between the magnetic and the piezo, and the piezo only. You can get some incredibly lush sounds with the mix!

Unseen Evidence
UE Reverb Nation Page

ReplyQuote
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member

Geoo, a little late (I haven't been on much lately), but congrats on the new guitar! Looks absolutely beautiful. You've had some time to play around with it now, so what do you think?

"Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"

ReplyQuote
 GBW
(@gbw)

Just brought home one of these (Schecter C1- EA) and it's fantastic. Was looking for a hollowbody (Ibanez or Epiphone) or similiar and this gem was dangled by the friendly Guitar Center guys.

Problem was, it was over our meager budget. Swallowed hard, and brought it home It sounds great on the Vox AD30VT. The piezo and pup's just SHINES.

Do I worry about the price? - Not anymore! Beautiful sound, great looking wood and quality.

Congratulations on yours!

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Geoo, a little late (I haven't been on much lately), but congrats on the new guitar! Looks absolutely beautiful. You've had some time to play around with it now, so what do you think?

I absolutely love it. This, plugged into my Traynor amp just sounds so smooth and sweet. I am slowly getting used to playing rythem on it. Sometimes the open chords I would normally play acoustically dont seem to translate well to electric. But that isnt the guitars fault. :oops:

Its put alot of new life into my playing.

Congrats GBW on your new C1EA. That make use brothers right? :lol:

Jim

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member

I just looked at the pic again, and I tell ya, that is one FINE looking guitar! Have you recorded anything with it yet? If so, could you point me to it? I'd love to hear that it sounds like.

Jason

"Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2