Fender G-dec amp

6 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@maxo127)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

http://www.fender.com/products/search.php?partno=2350000000

is this amp a good amp a good all around amp for an acoustic and electric guitar?

heres a pic:

$MAX$

(@dagwood)
Noble Member

Hey Maxo,

This should really be down in the AMPS section.

I'll answer anyways, at least from my perspective. I think an accoustic would work to well with it, but I haven't tried. I do own one. I love it and use it alot. I'm seeking an instructor that uses one for his lessons... no such luck yet.

It has its limitations, but for a practice amp with the midi backing tracks and the editability via a MIDI interface Its pretty cool. There are other ways to put drums, a base line and amp models into a system, but I like the all in one aspect of this lil thing.

The limitations I've found is that my LesPaul doesn't sound too good through it, the P-Ups are too strong for it so I usually back the volume on my guitar off a bit. I wish they had put a better speaker in it. It Fuzzes out way to early (Volume past 5) as the onboard settings are kinda HOT, and you can back them off a bit. Its not a Gigging Amp.. I don't think it was ever intended to be. But Plug in some good headphones and the thing sounds awesome.

Would I buy another one if this got stolen? Probably, but there's rumor of a version II maybe over on the Fender boards.

Have you checked one out at your local store yet?

Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing. - Wernher Von Braun (1912-1977)

ReplyQuote
(@maxo127)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

thanks man for the detailed response that really helps...

$MAX$

ReplyQuote
(@artlutherie)
Noble Member

The thing I really like about this amp is it gives begginers a baseline for the specific sound your looking for, say a David Gilmore type sound, without having to buy tons of pedals and effects. You can also see where to dial your settings to get that particular sound.

Chuck Norris invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear!
ChuckNorrisFactsdotCom

ReplyQuote
 Moai
(@moai)
Estimable Member

I've played around with one, and it's really fun, but for me there is too much going on for even a practice amp. Unless you are crazy for a zillion sounds, you can get a more powerful amp and a couple pedals for the same price.

I never noticed it fuzzing out when I've turned it up, but you can't get Motorhead loud in the store! :lol: I thought the sound was surprisingly good for its size.

It seems to me that most of the bells and whistles would be wasted when used with an acoustic guitar. I've never tried, though.

Bettie Page is the most beautiful woman who ever lived. You better recognize, G!

ReplyQuote
(@aaronj)
Eminent Member

I have found that it is just OK for an acoustic, once you clean up any effects from the preset.

It is very fun with electric and it makes getting different tones really easy.

It is NOT very loud IMO, I would say it is strictly a bedroom amp.

Overall, I really like this little amp.

Get Spotted Now!
www.InstantSpot.com

AJLCOM

ReplyQuote