Clear all

Fender strat

11 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@crkt246)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Does this guitar look like a strat at first glance it does but I think it might be a knock off with a fender neck

Noff
(@noff)
Estimable Member

Input jack isn't angled. Strap button is in a different spot. There's probably more I can't identify.

ReplyQuote
(@crkt246)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

I saw all of that but i am not a strat expert

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Body is the wrong shape -- by a lot. Headstock also looks not quite right. So this is probably not even a real or licensed Fender neck on a nono-Fender body. My guess: Someone decided to add a Fender logo to the headstock of an off-brand sorta-clone -- either a beginner who really wanted a Fender ... or far worse, a scammer.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@crkt246)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

I was going to trade one of my acoustics for it cause th ad said "Fender Strat"
I got the pics and thought it didint look right so I thought I would post it here and now I'm not going to get.

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Yeah man, it don't look right. You can get the serial number & Google it to be sure, but I'm with everyone else. Let me guess. Craig's List? I've seen a couple of doozies lately. The latest one was the $565 MIM Tele. :roll:

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@scrybe)
Famed Member

from what I've heard of scammers, if it was a scammer they'd have done a better job.

other points....looks like the truss rod is adjusted from the body end (most strats I've seen, the scratchplate covers everything until the fingerboard, and the truss rod hole is at the end of the neck), the body is way out of shape (esp, the horns and the angle of the chamfering on the body). and, again AFAIK, the string tress no most strats are offset (i.e. one is closer to the fingerboard than the other), although that could be an add-on by the previous owner.

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

The vibrato unit is non-Fender.
The jack socket is on the scratchplate and there are 3 knobs. Fender did do a version, in the early 80s, with the jack socket on the scratchplate, but it replaced the lower tone knob. As far as I know, they, also, all had the 3-point neck mount with micro-adjustment.
I'm not quite sure what it is, but the "Fender" typeface doesn't seem right, somehow.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

And it says, ''Made in Korea" on the headstock. :shock:

That pretty much sums up the result of our 'Strat Audit' - This is obvious fake.

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

agreed. that is definatly not a Fender headstock.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
(@crkt246)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

its a fake for SURE!! :evil:

ReplyQuote