Notifications
Clear all

Fender Telecaster

5 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@mark_s)
Topic starter  

I am looking at buying a Fender Telecaster. I found one at Musiciansfriend. It is a Custom Telecaster special limited edition. I guess it is just being made for them according to the web site. Does anyone have any input on this particular guitar or Telecaster i n general? The price is $499.00 Is this a good guitar. I currently own a fender strat and a Gibson Les Paul.

Thanks for any help

Mark 8)

(@mattypretends116)
Honorable Member

How much did you pay for the strat? I have never bought or owned a fender instrument, so i don't know what they generally run, but I had an epiphone les paul which was about the same price as the tele. It was a stripped down imitation. For Les Pauls, if you want the real thing than you have to buy the real thing, even though its mucho dinero. You know this, I'm sure, as you apparently own one. So if fender is anything like the Epiphone-Gibson set up, you may be disappointed. But, as I said, I don't know anything about Fender, just speculating. My advice is to track down the model in a shop near you, play it, then decide. Thats the only sure-fire way. What someone says is great, someone else will swear against. Never fails :D

Matt

"Contrary to popular belief, Clapton is NOT God. The prospect that he is God probably had a large hand in driving him to drugs and booze. Thanks everyone."

-Guitar World :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@metaellihead)
Honorable Member

I've seen the Tele you're talking about. It's on the cover of the catelog they sent me a few weeks ago. It looks really nice and has DiMarzio pups. I really like the polished look Teles have when they've got a binding.

-Metaellihead

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

From what I have seen so far, the difference between MIM Fenders and USA Deluxe Fenders is much smaller then between Epiphone and Gibson USA LPs.

ReplyQuote
(@97reb)
Noble Member

MIM Fenders are good guitars. Not 100% on the specifics of that particular Tele, but, some sound really great and some are just average. Two single coils and you could emulate early Zeppelin (Page played one). Three single coils and you get as much tonal variety as a Strat. Two Humbuckers and that is a little bit different, innit? But two hummers gets you similar to your Les Paul, different pick-ups and body material, so different sound. I have looked at Teles and am interested in them, too. I would also suggest trying to play as many varieties of Teles as possible at your local store and then mentally compare the difference with this "special" Tele, without actually getting to play it. It is probably a pretty good guitar and you would most likely enjoy the benefits of owning it. Good luck!

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote