Skip to content
Finding a chord wit...

Notifications
Clear all

Finding a chord with a certain root note?

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@rollnrock89)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Hey, I have a part of a song that goes like this

e-2-2-5-5-5-4-4
b-
I would like to make it a chord progression out of this. If I find a chord with a root note as the notes i wrote, will the chord sound like the note? If so, is there an online chord generator where you can choose where the root note is, and it will give you chords with that root note where you marked it on the fretboard? Thanks.

The first time I heard a Beatles song was "Let It Be." Some little kid was singing along with it: "Let it pee, let it pee" and pretending he was taking a leak. Hey, that's what happened, OK?-some guy

(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

There's all sorts of things you can try. Only your ear will tell you if it sounds like what you are hearing in your head.

You could simply play F#, A, Ab using a full barre E type chord. That would give you the same notes on the 6th string.

You could play F#m, A, E. Now that would not give you the same bass notes as what you are playing on the 1st string. But that would be a progression in the key of A. So it might sound good to your ear.

You can keep going like that. You could play D, A, E or B, A, E or B, F, E

Or

Bm D E

F#m A C#m

This is just using Major and Minor chords.

Really, there is no way to answer your questions. The possible chords you could use are almost limitless.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote