Clear all

Firebird Studio

8 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@mattypretends116)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Has anyone tried this guitar out. I am in the market for another axe and was thinking either a LP, Telecaster or Firebird. Gibson just came out with the Firebird Studio. I haven't played it yet, but my local shop has a couple, as well as the original firebirds. Anyone have anything to comment on any of these guitars?

Matt

"Contrary to popular belief, Clapton is NOT God. The prospect that he is God probably had a large hand in driving him to drugs and booze. Thanks everyone."

-Guitar World :lol:

(@teleplayer324)
Noble Member

I played one for a few months back in the early 80's sound was good but really uncomfortable, couldn't seems to find the balance for it

Immature? Of course I'm immature Einstein, I'm 50 and in a Rock and ROll band.

New Band site http://www.myspace.com/guidedbymonkeys

ReplyQuote
(@mattypretends116)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

What do you think of the telecasters? I have seen many price ranges, not sure what to pursue. It will of course come down to trying them out, but do you play a certain kind in particular?

"Contrary to popular belief, Clapton is NOT God. The prospect that he is God probably had a large hand in driving him to drugs and booze. Thanks everyone."

ReplyQuote
(@teleplayer324)
Noble Member

These are what I play

American Deluxe Tele FMT - Standard tuning
Squier Black and Crome Standard Tele - Open G tuning
Squier Blonde Standard Fat Tele- Open D tuning
Squier Tele Custom II- Standard tuning

Immature? Of course I'm immature Einstein, I'm 50 and in a Rock and ROll band.

New Band site http://www.myspace.com/guidedbymonkeys

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

^Man your like my hero. Does the deluxe FMT play like a dream?

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
(@97reb)
Noble Member

I have played the Firebird Studio and found it Quite nice to play. Obviously it will all come down to how much you wish to spend and how well it feels. Some say the Firebirds are a bit neck heavy, but I am used to playing a Gibson Flying V, so I am used to that. I just let the body hang lower and let the neck sit higher. It is at more of an angle than some people are used to, but works well for me. The sound of the Firebird was really nice thru a Marshall AVT 50Watt at the shoppe and Marshall is what I usually play thru and compare all guitars to at the shoppe to get the best possible comparison in my ear. I would love to have a Firebird!

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

ReplyQuote
(@mattypretends116)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Yeah, they seem like a good deal. Probably the oly gibson that hasn't seen price inflation due to the name. I'd love to have an LP but I'm not going to pay $2500 for a guitar.

ReplyQuote
(@azraeldrah)
Estimable Member

ive played the fire bird and i didnt rate it much. It had an alright tone but i actually prefere the sound of my cheap bc rich bronze, maybe thats me just bein a metal head but i also prefere the sound of teles, probably the least heavy metal guitar ever. :? :)

This signature is a forgery.

ReplyQuote