First jam!

6 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
 Ande
(@ande)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

After a lot of looking around, a few false starts, and a couple of auditions with groups I clearly wasn't right for, I've finally found 3 other guys to play with. (One drummer. Three guitarists who take turns on bass. None of us are singers, but one other guy and I are both willing/able to sing.)

We got together yesterday for the first time and it was FUN!!!! Since apartments are so small in this part of the world (Seoul), we couldn't play at anybody's house, so we rented a cheap studio yesterday, and played. It's early to say, but it seems like we may work pretty well together. Similar tastes, though not the same. A range of skill levels, but nobody blew the rest away, and nobody was embarassed or left behind.

For a first practice, we did four songs, sort of indie-rock, and three out of four came out sounding...alright. We'll tighten them up, but it seemed like a good start. It's the first time I've played with others since I moved to Korea, and I feel GOOD! I'm useless at work today, cause I'm just singing and thinking about songs for next time.

Also did some jamming, and could sort of keep up and keep together.

It's early days, but it was a LOT of fun. In the pub after, we were talking about doing a few gigs late this year. Seems possible.

Making music with others is the most fun you can have with your clothes on.

Best,
Ande

PS- Thinking of another thread; we all read music. Probably not necessary for the kind of music we're doing, but really helped. We all turned up having read the songs, and were ready to start.

(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

8)

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Congrats! :D

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Definitely good stuff. It's always fun when a song comes together and you are a part of it. Hopefully you'll have a good foundation before the drama starts :lol:

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@blueline)
Noble Member

Definitely good stuff. It's always fun when a song comes together and you are a part of it. Hopefully you'll have a good foundation before the drama starts :lol:

Drama? In a band? No way! I've never heard of such a thing. :lol:

Great stuff Ande! Glad to see you had a great time. Like cnev said, hopefully you could walk away from the experience a few years from now with yer two arms and both of yer teeth!

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

That's great news, Ande. I hope the fun continues. 8)

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote