Notifications
Clear all

For beginners: I'm building a simple gadget that helps learning guitar

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@guitar-geek)
Topic starter  

Guess I'm not the only one who have had trouble with strumming. For me, it was always difficult to keep the proper rhythm while playing chords. I've never had a teacher, tried to learn everything by myself using youtube lessons. The problem was the lack of feedback from a youtube teacher - no one could tell me what I'm doing wrong.

I spent a lot of time trying to understand how to play simple rhythm and came up with the idea of a gadget which could help. Since I'm an engineer building this thing is not a problem for me. I thought you guys might find it helpful as well.

Imagine that you put a special ring on your strumming hand's finger. The ring connects to an app on your mobile device. The app shows the chords of the song and a strumming pattern for it. You play along with the app. The ring "feels" how your hand moves and the app helps you keep the rhythm properly.

What do you think?

(@alangreen)

Sounds interesting so long as you can slow the tick right down. I find with learners that they can keep a solid rhythm until they try to play their guitar at the same time as counting; then it goes

One ......................... two

erm ...

three four

and then you lose a minute or two whilst they put their fingers in place for the next chord.

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote