Notifications
Clear all

GAS has struck once more

67 Posts
31 Users
0 Likes
(@gerry)
Honorable Member

Nice one Bish I was getting severe GAS for an Ibanez PM 120 before Christmas which I managed to get over. I convinced myself that it wasn't going to give me anything that I couldn't already get out of my Sheri. Then January arrived and I got severe Gas for a blue guitar I am now waiting for a custom blue Tom Anderson Cobra S with Trem and piezo pup to be delivered :? Don't ask me what that has to do with an Ibanez PM 120.

Gerry

Those who can't dance always blame the band.

http://www.gerrycooper.com/

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Until I read your whole post I was going to say the same thing, the case looks more comfortable than my bed...my cat Jr. would love it.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Wow, that's a really BEAUTIFUL looking guitar.....but there's one little thing I'm puzzled about.

To quote you, Bish....My Pride and Joy PRS...Can do all of the above, can sound like any one of the above, has better action and neck comfort. Has the contours of the Strat and the sustain of the LP.

All in all, the PRS outshines all of them for tuning, playability, tonal quality, sustain and comfort.

In summary, they all have their assets but for me, if I had to stick with one guitar, it would most definitely be the PRS.

Sooooo....if the PRS can do all that, why even bother with another guitar? Going back to last August, I bought a Tele - all my other guitars have been neglected to the extent I don't need them anymore. Some have been sold, some are gathering dust. So why spend megabucks on an LP when you've got YOUR guitar - the one that rings all the bells? If the PRS can do what the Gibson does, and the Epi does, etc, etc, and more? I feel the same about my Tele - not only was it love at first sight, it was love at first play. I knew I'd never need another electric. Although I'll keep the old Squier Tele for sentimental reasons - that and the fact it's so battered I'd probably get about 25p (50c) for it........and it's good for slide!

Keep the PRS, keep the Yamaha (I'm a great believer in sentimentality!) and ditch the rest.....unless you're becoming a collector instead of a musician?

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@dommy09)
Trusted Member

To be perfectly honest, i never really liked the look of Gibsons :shock: (i know! i think i have some sort of disorder)....till i saw that one!

That is one of the nicest guitars i've ever seen. :D

Enjoy it! :lol:

"We all have always shared a common belief that music is meant to be played as loud as possible, really raw and raunchy, and I'll punch out anyone who doesn't like it the way I do." -Bon Scott

ReplyQuote
(@hawkfoggy)
Estimable Member

She's hot!!!!!

"I'm as free as a bird now. And this bird you can not change" Free Bird, By: Lynyrd Skynyrd
GIT SNAKE BIT!!!
stay safe

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Thank you everybody.

I'm embarassed to say...I took it back. I guess I acted out what you said, Vic.

However, what you said about collecting or being a musician hurt a bit. I'm still and always will be a musician. I haven't been a guitarist very long so I have a terrible curiosity about every brand of guitar. I hear so much good about Gibson's I had to try one. I still think I want one and may get the very same one again later on. I got my curiosity sated on that particular model.

As it is, right now most of my attention has been focused on my current band, my newest grandchild and work. And since I enjoy my PRS, the Gibby will have to wait for another day.

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Keep the PRS, keep the Yamaha (I'm a great believer in sentimentality!) and ditch the rest.....unless you're becoming a collector instead of a musician?

Vic

Blasphemy! Sir, you have soiled the good name of GAS! :lol: I have 20+ guitars and I consider myself a musician as well as a collector.

Say it aint so Bish! Say it aint so! :lol: That is a chunk of change to not play it. I think that is why I have so many cheap guitars. I get to collect and still not break the bank.

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

I collect 'em to play 'em. Sometimes I think my wife would like me to have a hobby that takes up less time, less money and is less disruptive to our family life....something like having a mistress.

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Man, that must have been tough to return. It's pure beauty. Oh well. Like you spoke of, you got the PRS going strong. Hope all else is well.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

I collect 'em to play 'em. Sometimes I think my wife would like me to have a hobby that takes up less time, less money and is less disruptive to our family life....something like having a mistress.

Too funny. I'll use that. :lol:

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

I'm impressed, Bish! That must've been a hard thing to do.

I thought I was done with GAS myself, but I had a GAS attack you can read about down in "Slide and Alternate Tunings."

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@scrybe)
Famed Member

OMG :shock: I think I'm in love.... :P

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe

ReplyQuote
(@corbind)
Noble Member

That was one of the most beautiful guitars I've ever seen. I love the natural wood showing through. Ah, but I can understand returning it because it probably cost a few grand. As you said, maybe later!

"Nothing...can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts."

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Blasphemy! Sir, you have soiled the good name of GAS! I have 20+ guitars and I consider myself a musician as well as a collector.

LOL! I'll consider myself told off! I didn't mean that as a put-down, apologies if it came across that way....of course it's possible to be a serious musician (and I've heard both Bish and TR play, and, yes, I'd put them both there!) and a collector.

All I was actually getting at was, it's a HECK of a lot of hard-earned cash to fork over for a guitar that's not as good as the one you've already got....that's how I read Bish's post, anyway. I know he LOVES that PRS, in the same way that my Tele is THE ONE.....as I said, all my other guitars have been neglected since I got the Tele. Maybe there's another guitar out there with my name on it somewhere - but I'm not likely to find out anytime soon. My GAS pains are gone, cured, sated.... hopefully forever! Now I can concentrate on playing the darn thing and improving - slowly but surely.

vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

I know he LOVES that PRS, in the same way that my Tele is THE ONE.....as I said, all my other guitars have been neglected since I got the Tele. Maybe there's another guitar out there with my name on it somewhere - but I'm not likely to find out anytime soon. My GAS pains are gone, cured, sated.... hopefully forever! Now I can concentrate on playing the darn thing and improving - slowly but surely.

vic

Amen, brother!!!!

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 5