GAS strikes . . .

7 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@yashicamat)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

. . . with this beastie:

Although badged a Grainger, this is actually an Epiphone So-Cal 50H with the 412 cabinet loaded with Emminance Lady Luck speakers . . . very nice! 5 x 12AX7's and 2 x EL34's make up a hefty output!

Best bit is . . . the head and cab, both brand new, were £199 . . . that's about $400. I think that even competes with USA pricing! It was a weekend only deal and although I didn't need anything like this (yet :wink: ) at that price I couldn't resist!

Still learning the tones though . . . I've got too used to my EVJ's "one knob simplicity". With my Epi LP plugged in earlier though it was producing some mightily fine blues tones! :D I also plugged the BigMuff into it earlier and achieved a good Pink Floyd lead tone too!

I am very very happy! :lol:

Rob

If something's not worth doing it's worth forgetting about.
Epiphone Les Paul Std - Yamaha Pacifica 112XJ - Takamine EG340SC - Taylor Baby - Grainger Hammerhead 50 - Grainger Valve Five
http://www.youtube.com/yashicamatonline

(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Why can't they just lable it Epiphone? I don't get that. Looks like a good purchase to me ....... Rock ON!

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Why can't they just lable it Epiphone? I don't get that. Looks like a good purchase to me ....... Rock ON!
Some companies like to test products without losing face if it flops.

That combo looks really nice and I bet the neighbors are hating you about now. :lol:

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

That looks like one heck of a deal! I bet you can shake the crib with that one, eh?

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@crkt246)
Honorable Member

At that price why dont you send it over to the USA :wink:
Nice buy man have fun.

ReplyQuote
(@yashicamat)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Yep! I am getting more sounds out of it now - that contour control really shapes things up a lot!

I also put together a footswitch myself earlier this evening:

Unfortunately I neglected to research this first and assumed it'd be just a basic footswitch whenas in fact it also controls the reverb as well as the channel. However, I don't care too much for the reverb and all this one does is it works the channels as expected but simply leaves the reverb disconnected. :)

Rob

If something's not worth doing it's worth forgetting about.
Epiphone Les Paul Std - Yamaha Pacifica 112XJ - Takamine EG340SC - Taylor Baby - Grainger Hammerhead 50 - Grainger Valve Five
http://www.youtube.com/yashicamatonline

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Great amp & great deal! 8)

Enjoy! :D

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote