Clear all

GASsed!

13 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Well, I had to go and do it, so I did it -- here in all her glory is my brand new Gitane DG-250M. It sounds great, and plays as good as it looks!

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." -- HST

Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Beautiful guitar. Have fun and enjoy.

Sound clips please. Always love to hear others instruments.

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

Congrats! She is purdy!!! :D

How would you describe the sound?

Have fun with her, not that I even have to say that. :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

How would you describe the sound?

It's classic gispy jazz sound -- biting strong fast attack and almost no sustain at all, with bright clear tone in the upper registers and loads of volume.

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." -- HST

ReplyQuote
(@maxrumble)
Honorable Member

She is a beauty!

I would love to hear a sound clip as well.

Cheers,

Max

ReplyQuote
(@wishiwasthebest)
Estimable Member

awsome, do post the sound clips if u can!

how much you get her for?

RIP Dimebag

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

That thing rules dude. Any chance we might see some side/back shots?

ReplyQuote
(@bford)
Reputable Member

Is that your sax in the pic ?

Treat others how you would like to be treated.

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

That's a really nice looking guitar. Congrats & have fun.

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Is that your sax in the pic ?

It's actually a loaner my son is using while his is getting retooled in the shop (Gotta love a 12 year old who's entire cd collection is 2 rolling stones discs, a Gorillaz disc, and then every Charlie Parker cd in print!). Mine is out of the picture, behind and to the right near the piano, amp, and other guitars :)

ReplyQuote
(@bford)
Reputable Member

Thats cool. My youngest (17) has played alto sax for about 6 yrs now. Shes in the high school jazz band, wind ensemble and marching band as drum major. She wanted to quit early on and I told her she would have to pay back the $1500 I put out for the sax :shock: . She never asked about quitting again after that :D . She loves all the classical jazz artists. I hardly know any of them but I am glad she does and stuck with it.
I had hers in the shop once for a bent post. That was early on as well. She learned quickly that they are tender instruments.
Hope your son's wasn't damaged too badly?

Treat others how you would like to be treated.

ReplyQuote
(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Hope your son's wasn't damaged too badly?

Worn out pads and a busted return spring . . . he's actually more gental with it than I am with mine :)

Obligatory joke:

The reason why so many weird noises comes out of the business end of saxophones is that Mr. Sax never issued any instructions on how to use them...Contrary to popular belief, saxophones are percussion instruments and are meant to be beaten by hammers. Large hammers.

ReplyQuote
(@andrewlubinus89)
Estimable Member

Congrats on the new guitar. Looks beautiful.

A hoopy frood knows where his towel is....

ReplyQuote