Notifications
Clear all

Gave in today....

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@alextin)
Topic starter  

Ok folks. I broke down today and did it. I bought a Les Paul.

Originally, I just going to check out some mutli-effects boards: DigiTech GNX4, BOSS GT-8, VOX Tonelab SE and ZOOM G9.2tt. Well, for the first time ever, a salesperson at Sam Ash (Margate, FL) actually knew what they were talking about. After tooling around with all of those for a while, I settled on the DigiTech GNX4.

While I was at it, I figured I'd check out some guitars as well. I played some Michael Kelly guitars; not bad, but the coil-taps don't seem to function too clearly. That is, when one of the coil-taps is engaged, it's difficult to discern between the humbucking sound and the single coil sound, with and without gain. Also played a few Gretsch's and a Fender thinline. Those weren't too bad, but then the salesperson pointed out a used LP Standard. The price was $1449. After playing it for about half an hour, I knew I had to make this one mine. Now, I'd played Pauls before, always liked 'em, but never really had the nerve to buy one. Well, I finally gave in and got one. I didn't have time to play it too much once I got it home as I had to leave for work. If anyone cares, I can get some pics if they'd like.

Enough of my rambling. Just thought there might be a few out there that'd like to hear about the recent acquisition.

Do it for the phat lady!