Clear all

Going into the Studio

10 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
(@blueline)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Hey guys. Just wanted to share some good news. A friend of mine is building a studio in his basement and it is nearly complete. The PA, drums, keyoards are all in place. THis is going to force me to buy an new acoustic. I'm really going to hate to HAVE to walk into the guitar shop and pick out a nice Taylor.

But seriously, I am so excited. I cant wait for us to begin recording. He's a talented musician. Plays keys as well as guitar. I think I'll take on the rythym and singing. If I have to, I'll lay down some bass tacks, although I'v never played a bass before. WIll keep you posted and hopefully will have some mp3s to share with you all!

Stay tuned!

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Have fun! :D

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

That sounds very exciting.

Good luck with any projects you get into.

Hope you post some of your music in Hear Here, when you have some.

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

8)

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I'm really going to hate to HAVE to walk into the guitar shop and pick out a nice Taylor.

Yeah, what a pain that's going to be. I feel SOOOOOOO sorry for you!

Just joking, Blueline! Good luck with the recording - look forward to hearing some music from you!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

ReplyQuote
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

Hey guys. Just wanted to share some good news. A friend of mine is building a studio in his basement and it is nearly complete. The PA, drums, keyoards are all in place. THis is going to force me to buy an new acoustic. I'm really going to hate to HAVE to walk into the guitar shop and pick out a nice Taylor.

Sounds like an excellent opportunity 8) (...lucky bastard...)

A Taylor sounds essential to me :D (...rotten swine..)

Good job I'm not the jealous type :wink: (...much.... )

Seriously, that should be a lot of fun. Enjoy. :)

Cheers,

Chris

ReplyQuote
(@coleclark)
Honorable Member

this is gonna force you to post up progress recordings to prove that your making good use of the opportunity and easing the animosity of other guitarnoise goers... :lol:

were waiting... :P

ReplyQuote
(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member

Sounds like a great deal for you - he builds it (and pays for it), and you get to use it too! 8)

Just for fun, do you know how much $$ he spent putting it all together?

ReplyQuote
(@blueline)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Sounds like a great deal for you - he builds it (and pays for it), and you get to use it too! 8)

Just for fun, do you know how much $$ he spent putting it all together?

He just bought a house and it has a gigantic basement. He owns a bunch of equipment, although I'm not sure exactly how much or what he owns. I'm sure I will be able to get an idea of how much $ he spent on things. He's building double walls, ceilings and doors to properly sound proof. I'm sure it's going to be quite allot of money.

He and I have been getting together for a few months now. He's an accomplished musician. So I am learning a bunch from him. We have somewhat of list of cover songs we are going to record but I'm more excited about creating original stuff.

To answer coleclark and the others....yes, I will be sure to post some music here on the site. Give you all a chance to hear how God awful my playing is!! :oops:

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

ReplyQuote