Clear all

Good Trade?

7 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@darth-ordinary)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

I havent played much lately due to the plethora of stuff that keeps happening at me :( but I mean to get back in the saddle soon. I have however swapped my Black/White Yam Pacifica 112 ,which I liked the sound of but found the neck a bit small and cramped, for an Ovation Celebrity acoustic with a hiscox hard case. Friend at work is trying to learn, picked up the ovation used but couldnt get on with the chunky v-neck. I like it though. I had to fix the pickup which didnt work on the top E (saddle not seated right) and it works ok now. Good trade do you think? I still want to get the action down some, seems a tad high (its strung with 12's which I dont like - I like light acoustic strings so Roto country gold 10's next I think). The truss has had a tweak and I dont think theres much scope to shave the saddle down. I might get a tech to look at it.

Anyway heres a few piccs

8)

Gordon Smith GS1.5-40 Marshall VS65R

KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

That shore is a purty geetar.

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Yep, shore is.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

I guess the chunky v-neck isn't for everyone. I had one for a couple of years, and could never get used to it. Very nice guitar though. Enjoy! :D

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

See how the action is with the lighter strings, as it should be lower with less tension on the neck.

ReplyQuote
(@darth-ordinary)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Yeah, I thought that. Really dont like 12's ('light' acoustic strings!!) AND they're a cheap pack of Martins I had lying around. I find them really brassy and harsh. For all that it sounds ok through my little marshall MB15 bass amp, but tinny into my Vox AD30.

Gordon Smith GS1.5-40 Marshall VS65R

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

i had a Celebrity Ovation a long time ago. I always liked that guitar. it was easy to play and had snappy sound.
it flat picked really well. you made a good trade.
nowadays Ovations look very different. plus I don't care for the feel. those off set Hobbit town looking sound holes
just don't look right.
the Celebrity has a better look. your top wood is fancy. mine was plain cedar.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote