Skip to content
Got a new amp (for ...

Notifications
Clear all

Got a new amp (for those who need a small practice amp)

17 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
 Hex
(@hex)

I have the Cube 30. Great quality for the price. I use it as my practice amp and I love it. I use mainly the clean channel (JC Clean) and the Tweed model with a gain set to 3-4. When I want good classic distortion, I switch to the "Classic Stack" model (Marshall clone) with a little more gain. However, I don't really like the effects. Reverd works really well, echo is pretty good but there's something about chorus and and Flanger that just doen't sound right. I guess an amp can't be good at everything.

Their website has some interesting sound samples...
http://rolandus.com/products/details.asp?CatID=7&SubCatID=32&ProdID=Cube%2030&PageMode=15

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Arjen,

Nice writeup as usual, I figured Wes would have soemthing to say about it though. I'm in the market for about the same size amp myself, but I've really been leaning towards the tubes amps...thanks to Wes praising them so much.

It's not an immediate need since my current 15W practice amp has been plenty loud enough to bring the police to my house on a couple occasions.

It looks like I'm just gonna have to go to GC and make the comparison myself in order to decide SS vs tube.

Chris

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2