GRRR TONE HELP!!!!

12 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@leear)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

ok here is my rig.

Mexican Tele: all standard except, graphite saddles, and a Dimazio chopper in the bridge.
Peavey Studio Pro 112 Transtube.

I'm tired of the tone I get out of my tele. Its not i guess u'd say bar room enough for me. I have a squier strat that i put texas custom pickups in and I love the tone. BUT I love to play my tele more it feels better. Any suggestions on pedals, or new pickups for my tele, to help me get what i'm looking for.

Pedals as of now. BOSS: noise suppresor, blues, driver, super chorus. MXR Dyna comp.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, i know its a tele but it has TOO Thin of a tone there is no @$$ end no umph.

No matter where you go.... There You are! Law of Location

(@clazon)
Honorable Member

Too "thin" a tone suggests that you want more gain/crunch whatever it's labelled as. Or else just turn up the mid range on your amp.

The Blues pedal should help as well.

"Today is what it means to be young..."

(Radiohead, RHCP, Jimi Hendrix - the big 3)

ReplyQuote
(@biker_jim_uk)
Honorable Member

Why not get Tex Specials for the Tele too?

ReplyQuote
(@ginger)
Reputable Member

what string guage are you using? and what kind of amp are you using? You might want to check into an EQ pedal. But it may depend on your style of music that your playing.

ReplyQuote
(@steve-0)
Noble Member

I would think if you like the sound of the one guitar because you put the of the pickups you put in it, it would make sense to put those same pickups in the other one, unless you want two different tones.

Steve-0

ReplyQuote
(@leear)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

ok to answer on i stated the amp i used double check first post.

and yes it does make sense to put the same pikups in one as the other, but i like the dimarzio at the moment cuz i can have a humbucker with a flip of a switch.

I"ll try it see hat happens thanks for the replys

ReplyQuote
(@leear)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

what is interesting is my signature, "awesome sound" yea i loved it when i first installed the pikcups, but now its driving me insane becuase i picked up my strat the other day now i hate to touch my tele, but it plays soo much smoother.

ReplyQuote
(@simonhome-co-uk)
Prominent Member

check out a Keeley Boss Blues Driver

ReplyQuote
(@fleaaaaaa)
Prominent Member

What kind of music are you playing? What did you mean by not bar room enough? I think that buying pedals to adjust your sound isn't the best idea - to me it all comes down to the Guitar and the Amp, then if you are happy with how they sound together you rarely have problems. I don't know what the solution is, I guess I would also say pick ups.

together we stand, divided we fall..........

ReplyQuote
(@leear)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

ok not bar room enough. aka i play country, swamp pop, oldies, and rock n roll. we play vfw's american legions, dances private parties, and the such where people love to dance. It doesn't have the bite. I don't buy pedals to help sound but i saw a couple that might help it was just a thought.......

ReplyQuote
(@prndl)
Reputable Member

It takes a bit of thought to figure things out when you are looking for a good tone.

If your rig sounds awesome with the strat, but thin with the tele, then stick with modifying the tele.
Another pedal might help - I'd start with either a clean boost (for higher output) or an EQ (for more mids)

You seem to have picked a really good pickup.
http://www.harmony-central.com/Guitar/Data2/DiMarzio/Chopper-01.html

You might want to check here to see if there's an upgrade to the electronics
http://www.torresengineering.com/teleguitarkits1.html

1 watt of pure tube tone - the Living Room Amp!
http://www.naturdoctor.com/Chapters/Amps/LivingRoomAmp.html
Paper-in-oil caps rule!

ReplyQuote
(@leear)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

thanks for all ur input i believe i'll try an eq and see what happens

ReplyQuote