Clear all

Guitar Hero for ps2

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@daniel-lioneye)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

I'm not really sure where this post should be but it makes the most sense to me to put it here

Soooo...

How many people here have either played or heard of the Guitar Hero video game for the playstation 2? If you don't know anything about this game, heres a quick breakdown:

Using a guitar shaped controller with 5 fret buttons, a strum bar, and functioning tremlo, you play songs. It's kinda hard to describe the gameplay but if you have ever watched or played the dancing games at arcades, it esentially works the same way. When a note comes on the screen, you press and hold down the corresponding button and flick the strum bar to play it.

In the career mode, you and your band progress from playing in basements to sold out shows in stadiums.

The songs you play in the game are covers of these songs(i hear you all groaning about covers,but IMHO most of them are really good with a few that are questionable)

Ace of Spades
Bark at the Moon
Cochise
Cowboys From Hell
Crossroads
Fat Lip(one of the worst covers)
Frankenstein
Godzilla
Heart Full of Black
Hey You
Higher Ground
I Love Rock and Roll
I Wanna Be Sedated
Infected
Iron Man
Killer Queen
More Than A Feeling
No One Knows
Sharp Dressed Man
Smoke on the Water
Spanish Castle Magic
Stellar
Symphony of Destruction
Take It Off
Take Me Out
Texas Flood
Thunderkiss 65
Unsung
You Got Another Thing Comin
Ziggy Stardust
Also there are unlockable indy tracks.

Heres a link to games actual site
http://www.guitarherogame.com/gameplay.asp

I really have fun playing the game and it is easily one of my favorite videogames. It isn't a game just for kids, because well even my parents like to play it(which can't be said for any other game i own).There is definitely a sense of satisfaction when you ace the solo in bark at the moon on the expert difficulty. Also it is a game that you should try before you buy, five minutes of playing it at BestBuy was more than enough for me to get hooked.

And before any body says anything, i like playing a real guitar way more than Guitar Hero :)

Guitars: Electric: Jackson DX10D, J. Reynolds Fat Strat copy
Acoustic: New York and a Jasmine.
Amps: Austin 15 watt, Fender Deluxe 112, Fender Champion 600 5w, 0ld 1970's Sears 500g.
Effects: Digitech Whammy, Big Muff Pi USA, MXR, Washburn Distortion.