Skip to content
Guitar ideas w/ sto...

Notifications
Clear all

Guitar ideas w/ stock Seymour Duncan pups (JBs at least!)

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@musica23)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

I bought a Schecter C-1 Classic almost a month ago to the day, so time is running out...(GC, of course)!

Anyway, one of the main attractions was the real Seymour Duncans (JB in the bridge and Jazz in the neck) that are stock on this model. While the C-1 Classic is a decent guitar, there are several things I'm not too happy with:

1) The neck just doesn't feel as good as, say, a Strat...even a Squier '51. Maybe the frets are too big for me or something. Not sure. This, obviously, is the biggest problem.

2) The Tone control is basically either OFF or ON. To be fair, I contacted Schecter regarding this and they (without hesitation and free-of-charge) sent me a different type pot that supposedly has more sweep to it. Don't know why they didn't use that one in the first place, because I'll have to pay to have it switched (if I even bother). In any case, this makes me wonder about the overall quality of the guitar.

3) The color and entire look of the one I bought (trans blue) is a little much even for me! The color is much darker and not as quilt-like as I'd expected from online pics (usually a guitar looks better in person in my experience!), and the vine of life inlay up the entire neck is somewhat distracting and flashy for me. Of course I knew about the inlay before I bought it, but I haven't gotten completely used to it yet.

My question:

Does anyone have any suggestions for me as far as an alternative guitar? I gotta have one with a SD JB in the bridge and a Jazz (or some type of real SD in the neck) and it has to be in the $700 range. And it must be pretty and/or cute. :wink: I understand that a lot of you would just buy a comfy guitar and then switch the pups, but that's not an option for me (total lack of ability and more $$$)! :roll:

I played and loved a Parker PM20 Pro (JB and Jazz) in white pearl (pretty!), but I've read bad or sorta bad things about their quality control of late. It's very smooth and unbelievably light and comfortable to play. Also, I tried a Yamaha AES620 (JB and Yamaha alnico 'bucker) but decided against it. Not bad, but the Schecter won out in that case.

Any ideas will be welcomed, as will experience(s) with and opinions of the Parker! :)

Love and Peace or Else,
CC