Notifications
Clear all

Guitar picks

23 Posts
13 Users
0 Likes
(@biker_jim_uk)
Honorable Member

This months 'Total Guitar' in th UK has 5 free ones, different thicknesses you could try whilst learning the tunes inside?

ReplyQuote
(@urbancowgirl)
Reputable Member

My picks have multiplied somehow. Perhaps I should separate them. :lol:
I actually found 2 that I had decades ago when I first tried learning the guitar.

I prefer the thin ones but yeah, get several cheap ones and see what you like.

All my life I wanted to be somebody. Now I see I should have been more specific.

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

I got picks everywhere. I don't break them, rarely lose them but love to buy them. :?

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

I lose picks like I lose change. All I have to do is check under the seat in my car and I can usually find a couple.

I experimented with alot of different picks when I started and at first the thin ones worked better for me, it was easier to strum and not drop the pick but now that I am an accomplished musician (well I stayed at a Holiday Inn last night anyway) I find that the 1 mm Fender picks are the ones I like the best. Nothing special but they feel the best to me, anything thicker than that and I feel like I'm picking with a piece of wood or something and the thin ones are to whimpy. But then again I am not a strummer and don't play an acoustic much so maybe they'd be OK for strumming on an acoustic guitar.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@stengah)
Trusted Member

The Dunlop Ultex "rino" picks are awesome, I just wish they didn't cost so much. Plus the online stores never seem to have them in stock.

ReplyQuote
(@ballybiker)
Honorable Member

hey urbancowgirl.....if you've got a breeding program on the go send the offspring to me :lol:

what did the drummer get on his I.Q. test?....

Drool

http://www.myspace.com/ballybiker

ReplyQuote
(@fluid)
Trusted Member

Every time I buy something at most of the local shops they pull out a tub of picks with their logo on them and tell me to grab a dozen or so. Net result: I have about nine million garbage picks that I never use littering the inside of one of my guitar cases ;) I just can't say no to free picks though, even when they're terrible...

ReplyQuote
(@chris_skilton)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Lol i get the point..... I will just buy cheepies cause they just get lost nyway. I probably go through 10 picks every 6 months as my dog chews them up and im sure if i looked behind me bed i could probably find ten! Lol thxs guys.

Woot Woot!!

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2