Clear all

Guitars and Astrophotography.

20 Posts
14 Users
0 Likes
(@kroikey)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Hey all, I wasn't sure which forum to post this, but check out my new acoustic guitar!
I played a few today but this one got my attention straight away! :mrgreen:

The fretboard patters excellent, stars above a mountain scene with the moon marking the twelfth fret.

Then an eclipse motif around the fretboard.

Wait till I post the song I'm working on, its called Constellations :mrgreen:

If anyone's interested, heres my Astrophoto album:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/36219706@N02/

(@kroikey)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Oh, I guess I should tell you the guitars made by Crafter, and sounds very nice indeed. It was reduced to £400 from £610, my range was upto 300, but you know how it is :mrgreen:

Features:
· Solid Engelmann Spruce
· Rosewood Back & Sides
· Deluxe Gold Tuners with Mushroom buttons
· Position Marks : Moon Light
· New Timber PLUS Pro preamp with Headway Pick-up
· Abalone body binding
· Moon Light Soundhole inlay
· Gloss natural finish

Anyone know much about Crafter? Will it come apart in my hands in 6 months? It feels very well built, awesome quality.

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Amazing Guitar !

I wonder how do they make such beautiful fretboards...I would be scared playing at the top... 8)

I don't think at all it will fall apart within 6 months. Maybe it will taken 6 months to open up and sound real awesome. Btw, how is the guitar's sound and playability as of now ?

Rahul

ReplyQuote
(@kroikey)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Its awesome! I played a few budget models in the shop (£100-200) and the first one sounded OK, but the finish was awful. Horrible sharp pieces of plastic round the fretboard markers and the fretboard looked plastic! :? The second one was a black Yamaha, and although it played quite nicely it sounded a little 'twangy' for my liking. This one has a real deep timbre to it.

ReplyQuote
(@joehempel)
Famed Member

I've never heard of Crafter, but I think the guitar looks really cool. I love the images on the fretboard, very cool guitar!

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Very nice! 8)

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
 Ande
(@ande)
Prominent Member

I think Crafter is made in Korea, no?

At least, I saw a lot of them in the shops when I was there. Played several, and a friend of mine there had just bought one. In general, the ones I've played were awesome. Good design, nice finish and details, and really good materials. I wasn't in the market for an acoustic, but based on the feel and sound, I'd have bought one like yours if I had been. ;-) GOod stuff.

A lot of what's getting made in Korea these days seems to be really high quality- I'd say you did well!

Best,
Ande

ReplyQuote
(@almann1979)
Noble Member

I own a crafter electro-acoustic, and i do like it. I went 8 months without playing it once and it didnt need retuning when i got round to playing it again.

Im very happy with the quality - but then again, i am very easily pleased.

by the way, i definately dig the look of your new guitar.

"I like to play that guitar. I have to stare at it while I'm playing it because I'm not very good at playing it."
Noel Gallagher (who took the words right out of my mouth)

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

Crafter makes some excellent guitars.

I like the astrophotography

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

So - you got a new acoustic that looks good, feels good, sounds good and even fits in with your other hobby (nice star photos, BTW) - I'd call that a bargain!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@noteboat)
Illustrious Member

Just the thing for those Dark Side of the Moon covers :)

Guitar teacher offering lessons in Plainfield IL

ReplyQuote
(@kroikey)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

It certainly impressed my new music teacher, I thought I was going to have to assault her to get her to release her grip on it! lol. I'll get something posted with it shortly.

I had my first use of FastFret yesterday, wow, what a difference! I think a bit of that on the new acoustic would really help with the dragging on the new strings. Will the fretboard be ok with FastFret?

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Cool guitar! Enjoy!

ReplyQuote
(@kroikey)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

My latest image!

ReplyQuote
(@laoch)
Estimable Member

Nice guitar and photos! I've got a Crafter travel guitar (LH) and it's a very well made guitar, IMHO. Definitely a great value for the price. I may have to look for one of these for my next acoustic - if they make a left-handed version :D

"The details of my life are quite inconsequential." - Dr. Evil

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2