Clear all

Hard to choose the damn Dimarzio!!!

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@terminator)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

I was getting a new humbucker for Xmas, and i found the ones that will be just perfect for me pesonally, which suit my style in all ways. These pickups are Dimarzio Super Distortion(classic!!!) and the Dimarzio Tone Zone. These (according to the specifications) seem to sut my style. But which one do i get? The reviews are great for both models so i'm really confused. Has anyone had any xp with ether of them?

"No pain No gain!"- The Scorpions

(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Well, I went to the site and read the descriptions.

DiMarzio

From what I read, I get the impression that the Super Distortion is a very high output pickup. So this would probably be great for Metal or Death Metal.

The Tone Zone seems to be more of a Blues pickup. It is not as high output as the other, but it is more responsive to your personal attack on the strings.

Now, that is the best I could get out of those descriptions.

By the way, my 91 Strat has a DiMarzio HB (not sure of which exact model though)at the bridge and a Seymour Duncan HB at the neck. I didn't choose this, this is the way my guitar came when I bought it. It may not be completely fair to compare a neck pickup versus a bridge pickup, but even still I think the DiMarzio pickup kicks the you-know-what out of the Seymour Duncan. The DiMarzio is awesome, I get great, tight distortion through it. I have had many players come up and ask me what pickups I use. I really don't know so much about pickups, and don't like to mess with them either, but DiMarzio pickups are the best IMHO.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@terminator)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Yes, the super Distortion does have an amazingly high output, but all the greats have used it. I sounds nice n' powerful on clean, and nice n' dirty on overdrive, whereas Tone Zone hasnt got as much sustain, and sounds like a "wooden box" because of the excessive middle range. Hasn't really got as much treble as the Supr. Dist. I'd like to get something more or less like the powerful SG tone when you put it on clean. Now the X2N (according to the reviews and descriptions!) is a hardcore metal pickup. It will definately sound terrible on clean. Thanks for the advice A LOT!!!! It really gave me some "good" views on SEY Duncan. I dodn't like them anyway though! LOL! Thanks,

And MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!

"No pain No gain!"- The Scorpions

ReplyQuote