Clear all

Help me fend off another GAS attack!

27 Posts
20 Users
0 Likes
(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Help, help!! I am weak. I am going to take a look at the Epiphone Sheraton IIs today. Someone tell me something bad about these guitars, so I don't fall victim!

http://www.epiphone.com/default.asp?ProductID=8&CollectionID=1

(@teleplayer324)
Noble Member

Um, it doesn't come with a Polka Dot finish?

Immature? Of course I'm immature Einstein, I'm 50 and in a Rock and ROll band.

New Band site http://www.myspace.com/guidedbymonkeys

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Congrats on the new guitar KFB!! Shes a beaut.

I know, I know.. you havent gotten it yet.. but you will. :lol:

Jim

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@demoetc)
Noble Member

Uh...tobacco bursts are terrible. They harken back to the old days of big band jazz and swing and that of course leads to jazz and that would find you in small smokey clubs 40 years ago playing bebop for minimum union, though probably the club is non union and you get a percentage of the bar. Which leaves you just about enough money for cabfare and a pack of strings.

Then a guy comes up and says he wants you on a session - just because of the burst - and you show up and nobody's there. Seems he went back to your hotel room and swiped your new pack of strings, so now all you have is your guitar and cabfare.

See?

Pretty bad huh?

Thinking: Man that is one sweet looking guitar! Humbuckers, gold hardware, nice thin body, most likely a silky fast neck, and...I've always somehow dug Epi pegheads better than Gibsons. I wonder what that thing'll sound like cranked up through a Mesa Boogie MkIV? Or why not plug it into an Epiphone SoCal halfstack? With a wah pedal and delay line and overdrive. Just let that semihollow squeal and howl and feedback! Ssshhhh - they're reading this!

ReplyQuote
(@riff-raff)
Reputable Member

Why would you want a guitar that looks so BAD and sounds so NASTY!!!
;)

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

It's a terrible guitar for loud heavy metal!

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@ghost)
Prominent Member

That's a beau... um...ulgy guitar there. What are you thinking? Now go out there and buy... er...don't buy that guitar.

"If I had a time machine, I'd go back and tell me to practise that bloody guitar!" -Vic Lewis

Everything is 42..... again.

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Don't fight it man, you know it's coming home with you! :twisted: 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Someone tell me something bad about these guitars, so I don't fall victim!

The only bad thing about that guitar is that it is not sitting on a stand in your home. :wink:

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@the-dali)
Noble Member

It has flowers on the headstock. Come on - be a man!

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

ReplyQuote
(@demoetc)
Noble Member

...gold hardware. I'll bet those Grover-looking tuners feel like melted butter when you turn 'em. Same with the volume and tone knobs. I'll bet that pickup selector doesn't go "click" but sort of a smooth "thuck" - real smooth. And the guitar feels so nice against you; full body shape but nice and thin, and LIGHT! Just think about strapping it on, looking down and seeing that burst right there with those gleaming gold appointments. You'll have put new strings on it so when you go to play that first chord or run it'll feel all silky-smooth. Nice frets, that nice bound fingerboard...good for rock, jazz, country, anything you want!

Wait, everything I just said, just think the 'opposite.'

Yah, that'll work. ;)

ReplyQuote
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

Just don't go to the shop alone! :shock:

Safest thing would be for me to come with you.... we could both try it out, and at the last minute I'd push you to one side, grab the guitar and buy it for myself. I can be a very supportive friend that way..... :D

ReplyQuote
 vink
(@vink)
Prominent Member

It's too thick. Much thicker than an LP or strat! And they tried to save money by making most of the body hollow -- and the didn't even do a good job of it, they left some solid wood in the middle. And then, just to cover up their mistake, the cal lit a semi-hollow :twisted:

--vink
"Life is either an adventure or nothing" -- Helen Keller

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

I know times are hard but you aren't seriously looking at junk like that, now are you? I don't know about you but personally I find fake gold paint on wimpy tuners to be pretty sad. And calling those propellors 'tuners' is pretty generous. The input jack is a total pain in the butt, imaging walking just a tad too far from the amp only to hear the cable rip the wannabe-wood body apart. Be carefull not to sneeze the binding off, or even better, cover it in tape. Would probably keep the body together a few more days as well. To make this worse for this hunk-o-junk they chose the 'this-could-have-been-sunburst-if-we-would-have-had-enough-paint' finish. Very original inlays by the way.

:D

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Hey I know that guitar, it owes me 5 dollars! Hey get back here!

Buy one for me, then you won't have enough money to get yourself one.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2