Skip to content
Help needed! Which ...

Notifications
Clear all

Help needed! Which guitar is this?? Custom Gibson??

12 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@saraf)
Topic starter  

Hi,

which acoustic guitar is used in this video? I'm looking to buy a similar looking one? But I don't know the type.

Please help me out! :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYqlsMHKRsg

(@alangreen)

Could be any one of a bunch; but don't buy on looks, buy on sound and feel.

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@ezraplaysezra)
Honorable Member

j45

ReplyQuote
(@saraf)
Topic starter  

ok thanx

But what is the name of the color? I am just curious

ReplyQuote
(@davidhodge)

According to the Gibson website it would be "Vintage Sunburst." It's one of the two colors this model comes in:

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Acoustic-Instruments/Round-Shoulder/Gibson-Acoustic/J-45-Standard.aspx

Hope this helps.

Peace

ReplyQuote
(@diceman)
Reputable Member

This is not an answer to the question and besides , if I'm buying a guitar I am very concerned with the way it looks and so , I bet , are you if you were the one buying a guitar . If you don't have an answer to a post consider not posting on it .

P.S. Sorry for posting this on the thread . It rubbed me the wrong way .

If I claim to be a wise man , it surely means that I don't know .

ReplyQuote
 Crow
(@crow)
Honorable Member

This is not an answer to the question and besides , if I'm buying a guitar I am very concerned with the way it looks and so , I bet , are you if you were the one buying a guitar . If you don't have an answer to a post consider not posting on it .

P.S. Sorry for posting this on the thread . It rubbed me the wrong way .

Hello? One of the points of Guitar Noise is that it is a FRIENDLY forum. Moderators, please?

"You can't write a chord ugly enough to say what you want to say sometimes, so you have to rely on a giraffe filled with whipped cream." - Frank Zappa

ReplyQuote
 Crow
(@crow)
Honorable Member

Sorry, let me try this again....

SOUND and FEEL are all that really matter musically. As Frank Zappa said, if you pick up the instrument and it says, "Take me, I'm yours," you are home free.

If you're buying for investment potential, you're on you're own.

"You can't write a chord ugly enough to say what you want to say sometimes, so you have to rely on a giraffe filled with whipped cream." - Frank Zappa

ReplyQuote
(@davidhodge)

Experienced players will tend to agree with Alan in this case. If a guitar's purpose is to create music, the sound and feel of the instrument will weigh more heavily in the choice than the looks will. That doesn't mean how a guitar looks isn't important to people. Sometimes a quirky looking guitar just hits the spot or the classic form of the __________________ (fill in your ideal guitar here) is precisely why one bought it in the first place.

But, all things being equal you're going to find more guitarists concerned with sound and feel first and looks somewhere down the priority list.

That being said, I think we've found the make and the color of the guitar, so everyone's questions here should be answered. Hopefully we can move forward from here.

Peace

ReplyQuote
(@diceman)
Reputable Member

I am merely giving counterpoint to a statement of opinion with my own statement of opinion . If looks didn't matter at all we would all buy old , seasoned , well played guitars without any finish left on them . They sound better after all . I don't think I was particularly nasty in stating my opinion
. Someone who calls for the moderators every time someone disagrees with a post has their own issues . This is a discussion forum not an agreement forum . That's all I have to say .

If I claim to be a wise man , it surely means that I don't know .

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

that's a nice guitar in any case

ReplyQuote
(@slip-skunk)

I have a few guitars and it is a bit how they look, but also how they play pick up type etc. Latest one is used Godin Redline 2 imacculate for £240 bargin as were £650 new 18 months ago plus I found about 20 plectrums in the gig bag it came with saves me anothher quid or two hurrah!

ReplyQuote