Clear all

how to play this note????

7 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@michhill8)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

if there is lets say 02x400 how can I not play the D string? (trying to play Learn to Fly by the foo fighters, seems like they have that x in the middle of strings in a lot of their songs) How can I not play this, but still play the 2 strings??

Thanks Dudes!
Keep on Rockin'

Pat

(@noteboat)
Illustrious Member

Use the finger that you're fretting the 5th string with... lean it over a bit sideways so you dampen the 4th string.

Guitar teacher offering lessons in Plainfield IL

ReplyQuote
(@steveobouttorock)
Estimable Member

i usauly dont bother with the mutes they make it more difficult to play a song then it should be, but thats proabably why i dont sound like a song should be

be good at what you can do-

ReplyQuote
(@taylorr)
Prominent Member

do bother with em, they aint that hard really. Just a little manipulating of the fingers does it.

aka Izabella

ReplyQuote
 kab
(@kab)
Eminent Member

I'd agree with Noteboat... or, you can also sort of "fret-high" with your ring finger on the C note, and let the tip of your finger mute out that note.

Being able to mute is really really important, especially if you play with a good amount of distortion.

Just my .02

ReplyQuote
(@call_me_kido)
Estimable Member

i usauly dont bother with the mutes they make it more difficult to play a song then it should be, but thats proabably why i dont sound like a song should be

uhhhh yup, thatd do it

Kido

ReplyQuote
(@notyetnirvana)
Trusted Member

I would play it with my index finger on the second fret, then lean my middle finger over the string that needs to be muted, and onto the 4th fret, works well for me.

"Me... In a Nuclear Power Plant?...... KABOOM! Hahahaha!" - Homer Simpson in Highschool.

ReplyQuote