Clear all

I feel like posting some gear pics

17 Posts
15 Users
0 Likes
(@xskastyleex)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

i got my jackson back from the shop 100% fixed now. and earlier this week i bought a fender hot rod deville.

good week for me.

before anyone says "why did you get the deville, its too loud"

first of all let me say that whats loud to you may not be loud for me. another factor is how loud are you allowed to play. my parents really don't care how loud i play so thats another factor on my side.

also being me, i am able to find good sound at low and high volumes, because honestly to me the amp sounds the same whether its low volume or high volume. thats one reason i got it. so i am able to play fine in the bedroom and i will also be able to play really loud as well. i don't believe all the crap people say about "ytou cant play it in the bedroom/house" because it isn't true for me.

anyways.

here is my hot rod deville with my 1988 fender american strat and the jackson DKMG

"Those who dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible.

(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member

Very nice! I agree, poop on those little amps.

ReplyQuote
(@mikey)
Reputable Member

The Hot Rod DeVille is my favorite Fender amp. Goes with any guitar from Fender Strat to an Ibanez jazzbox.

Screw the neighbors, and I'm sorry to hear bout your parents hearing loss. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rock ON !!!!!

Michael

Playing an instrument is good for your soul

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

Rich,

I'm glad you finally picked up the amp you were after, although you were always talking about the Deluxe, but the extra 12 never hurts. :wink:

Congrats! 8)

Have fun!

ReplyQuote
(@maxo127)
Reputable Member

how much does that amp cost?

$MAX$

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Nice setup

Black and White and Deville in the middle

Enjoy

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Nice Strat, looks just like the one I have. 8)

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

how much does that amp cost?

@ $700-750 new.

ReplyQuote
(@xskastyleex)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Nice setup

Black and White and Deville in the middle

Enjoy

accualy it is Green and White. if you look closely the jackson is a hunter green color :wink:

"Those who dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, and make it possible.

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

first of all let me say that whats loud to you may not be loud for me. another factor is how loud are you allowed to play. my parents really don't care how loud i play so thats another factor on my side.

Lucky @(##*#@@*#)(@*)#*!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :lol:

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@rollnrock89)
Reputable Member

Lucky @(##*#@@*#)(@*)#*!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :lol:

was just thinking that, he sure is lucky! My dad has absolutely zero tolerance for loud noise that isn't his. I only get to have a good rock out when hes not home. My mom doesnt really mind at least.

The first time I heard a Beatles song was "Let It Be." Some little kid was singing along with it: "Let it pee, let it pee" and pretending he was taking a leak. Hey, that's what happened, OK?-some guy

ReplyQuote
(@undercat)
Prominent Member

Of all the things I appreciated about leaving home, that was probably the biggest one. Having room to turn that volume knob really takes some of the stress off playing.

And hey, nice pics! If you ever get tired of your Jackson... well let's just say I know a guy... :twisted:

Do something you love and you'll never work a day in your life...

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Rich,

Very nice. I have almost the same stuff only your's is better..Ha

I have a white MIM Strat and a blue/orange flamed Jackson DK2 Dinky.

Ya got me beat on the amp though and that's my next purchase.

Didn't you have a Marshall half stack at one time? How do you compare the sound to the Fender amp? Any preference?

Chris

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

xSSx

I think you did the right thing. You are going to be playing in bands and you will need a gig worthy amp. The DeVille is an awesome amp with great tone.

But trust me, it will sound very different when you crank it up. :twisted:

When you get Volume up above 4-5 then you will really hear how good these amps are.

Congrats. You have a great setup there that will keep you happy for years.

Oh yeah, I like the black and silver best! :D

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

Congrats on the new gear. Looks great.

Nice lookin' couch as well.

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2