23 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Thanks Peejay! :D

It is very similar to the Merle Haggard model but it isn't. The 'color' is clearer, the switch has only 3 positions and the back is natural wood (probably the sides are also wood... I don't remember it). The switch has a black knob as the other two knobs and this is white.

The neck pick-up could be the same (visually it is the same) but the bridge pick-up is different.

Ah! I forgot to say that the body has some 'cuts' in tha back to make it more playable (like the Strats, for example).

Fortunately this is not this model! :shock:
The salesman told me it is 'only' over 1,400€.

ReplyQuote
(@peejay)
Estimable Member

This one is more "wood-colored" and has a black switch. :idea:

Better or worse?

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

Better or worse?
:lol:

I think worse... or better... I don't know! :lol:

It's sunburst, the pickguard is white. The bridge pick-up is completely different. Something like:

http://www.guitarheads.net/product%20pages/MiniHumCH.htm

But, please, don't worry! Probably tomorrow I'll go to the store and I'll ask the model.

ReplyQuote
(@peejay)
Estimable Member

I'm not worried, just bored. :wink:

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

This is the guitar. I must say it isn't a normal Tele. The body, for example, is more than a Strat althought there is a Tele body. I mean, it has several "cuts" as the Strat. One of them can be observed in the picture.

The pick-ups are DiMarzio and not Seymour-Duncan as I said yesterday. The neck is even "bigger" than the 70's models. And I said a wrong thing the other day. Only when the two pick-ups are selected (middle switch position), the second knob changes the phase between the two pick-ups.

ReplyQuote
(@peejay)
Estimable Member

Why we couldn't find it: http://www.guitarplayer.com/article/who-the-hell/Jun-05/10130 :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@citizennoir)
Noble Member

Wow!!!!

That RK model Tele is outta sight!

I've never heard of it.
So of course I had to look into it a bit :wink:

It's a super high quality Fender Japan guitar, which explains why we in America don't know of it. :?

It has a 3 piece solid ash body with a maple cap on it. (Ash is my favorite Fender body wood)
The saddles are brass (IMO the best for a Tele).
The bridge pup is a single coil sized HB.

The neck profile was pretty hard to find out about....

One guy (from Japan) said it was as big as a baseball bat!
Another guy said it was a 50's C (????)
Other's just said 50's profile - which is (to my knowledge) a 'U' shape profile.

They all say it is ultra resonant and at least one person has claimed that it has beautiful note bloom and sweet decay :mrgreen:
(My favorite aspects of my 71 Strat)

A few people that have them, also had Tele American Standards, and said that the RK Japan Tele BLEW their MIA's away!
Um - Unanimously I might add.

The ONLY conplaint (by a few players) was that they would've prefered a push/pull knob instead of the way the phase shift
is now accomplished.

And Nuno -
There is also an RK Sig. Strat out there too. :twisted:

Cool Guitar -

Ken

"The man who has begun to live more seriously within
begins to live more simply without"
-Ernest Hemingway

"A genuine individual is an outright nuisance in a factory"
-Orson Welles

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

There is a light green version, too. There was only the "tobacco" in the store. I'd like to find a picture of the back to show you. Yesterday I saw again and it is impressive.

I don't know if it is similar to the 50's but I completely agree: It is as a baseball bat! Perfect comparison! :lol:
You feel your hand 'filled' but in a good way. It is very playable. It is similar to a handshake to somebody with big and strong hands. It gives you confidence.

Also I did read the complaint on the phase shift. Probably if you are a quick player and use the tone change during your performance... it would be quicker just a push/pull switch. Nevertheless, the switch "run" is very short. But, Ok! We can accept that complain! :lol:

Yesterday the salesman (I think we are starting a good friendship) was playing. Obviously he plays alot. He got funky sounds very easily (i.e. Nile Rodgers) in the clean channel. The blues sounds is even easier, I was able to get them. And also you can find jazz tones. The tone in the dirty channel is rock, not metal or heavy. I always prefer the clean or not-too-many-distorted tones but yesterday its sounded very good.

I've never heard of Kotzen (Peejay: Good title for the article!). However, I also was googling and he was in Spain last year. Usually we try to be as kind as possible with our visitors so I'm pretty sure he'll be back! :lol:

There are several tracks in his site web. I must listen them but I got a good impression. According the salesman, initially he was a studio musician and when he plays alone he does a lot of different styles from rock to jazz.

Ken, I'm happy not only because there is also a RK Strat model, it seems the favorite features in your Strats are also in this model. Visually, perhaps I prefer the Strat. I'll check your guitars and your recommendations on Strats. I have to learn to play first, so I'm not in a hurry. Meanwhile I have a lot of fun and also knowledge from talks like this!

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2