Clear all

I think I finally have a true case of GAS

8 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@banre)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Yes, it's official. I've thought I had it previously, but that was only a little bug. A "yeah, that would be really nice to have" feeling.

This time it's different. Here she is, or a decent representation.

Exactly same, except my baby isn't a hardtail.

Here's the story. I work not far from the local GC. So on my lunch breaks, about once a week, I eat quick and head over. I get to spend 45mins or so just chillin, talking to the folks who work there (I've come to know them pretty well), and play anything I want. I've grabbed the T5 off the wall, and was totally impressed, but the price tag elliminates any serious GAS there.

A little background: I am not a Fender guy, at all. Don't care for Strats or Teles at all. Just never really like them. Always been a Les Paul man. I have a Les Paul copy.

Well, today I get to the GC, grab a pick, and start combing the walls. I pick a nice Epi Les Paul and plug into a Fender Blues Jr. Nice little amp, I think to myself. Then I decide I want a change. I think "Lemme go grab a Strat." I replace the Epi and pull down a MIM Strat, blue, decent looking. Plug in and it's ok. Nothing to write home about. About that time, the main guy working there comes by and says, "Hey, did you see the MIA Strat I've got marked down?"

So I look over where he's pointing. There is a little beam of sunlight streaming through the door, brightly illuminating the most beautiful Strat I have ever seen. Gorgeous red. The guy says, "Yeah, it's down to $570". I'm thinking wow, great price.

I put up the MIM and grab this beauty. The finish is perfect. Plug her into the Blues Jr and she starts to sing. Tone, tone, tone! I haven't the words to express it, really.

I was about two seconds from walking out with her. Just don't have the budget for it right now. I know she'll be snatched up very soon :cry:

So, that's my sad story. A tale of the perfect guitar and the inablity to get it. It sucks becoming an adult, with responsiblities. Ten years ago, with the money I am making, I would have walked out of there with her. Sigh...

Unseen Evidence
UE Reverb Nation Page

Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Now, when a moment like that comes a long it is difficult and probably sacrilegious to pass it up.

If I remember correctly the GC has a layaway plan so I would check that out.

Good luck with your pain. :lol:

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member

You've got to get that thing on layaway as Nils said! $570 for a MIA Strat?!? Is it used?

Jason

"Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"

ReplyQuote
(@banre)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

You've got to get that thing on layaway as Nils said! $570 for a MIA Strat?!? Is it used?

Jason

Brand new. Being sold "As Is". Only thing I see wrong is it's missing the little white knob off the pickup selector switch.

I think I'll get back over this way after work tonight. Have to take a daughter to dance, and it's halfway to the GC. Might bring the wife in and play ignorant, get her on my side. Pick it up and let her here how heavenly it sounds.

Unseen Evidence
UE Reverb Nation Page

ReplyQuote
(@crank-n-jam)
Noble Member

Brand new. Being sold "As Is". Only thing I see wrong is it's missing the little white knob off the pickup selector switch.

I think I'll get back over this way after work tonight. Have to take a daughter to dance, and it's halfway to the GC. Might bring the wife in and play ignorant, get her on my side. Pick it up and let her here how heavenly it sounds.

Make sure you show her the regular price. Pull one of those "I was going to pick one of these up anyway, and look how much I'm saving by getting this one!" routines. :D

Jason

"Rock And Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"

ReplyQuote
 Moai
(@moai)
Estimable Member

If you don't put that beauty on layaway you will kick yourself for the rest of your life.

$570 is a really good deal, that should help you with the significant other.

GAS sucks sometimes... :evil:

Bettie Page is the most beautiful woman who ever lived. You better recognize, G!

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

I had a smaller case of GAS on Monday. I went to Daddy's Junky Music and was fooling with a few acoustics and one or 2 electrics. As I was walking out with my strings I saw a Roland MicroCube marked down to $75. I asked the guy what was wrong with it and he said just missing the BOX! So I checked it out since I never played one before but always wanted one. This little thing is AMAZING! For a 4 watt amp it cranks! A couple of older guys were in there looking at larger amps and one stopped by and asked "It that sound coming out of that little box?" "I said Yep and it's only a 4 watter!" He asked me how mch it was I said $75 but they go for $125. Even eBay isn't that cheap!

I came SOOO close to getting it but I am not only poor right now but I am po...I can't even afford the last "o" and "r" in "poor"!

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

I came SOOO close to getting it but I am not only poor right now but I am po...I can't even afford the last "o" and "r" in "poor"!

I'm so poor right now, I can't even afford to pay attention! :lol: :cry:

I hope you end up with that axe, banre.

I wish you the best with the purchase!

ReplyQuote