Ibanez guitars

16 Posts
14 Users
0 Likes
(@mhxanhma)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Hello,

What is your opinion about Ibanez guitars? Which one would you recommend for a player that wants to keep a guitar for a very (very very) long time? I am considering mainly the rgt2020 and the s series. Any thoughts?

Thank you in advance

Johann Sebastian Bass

(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

Lots of folks play and like Ibanez guitars. You might want to browse some user reviews over at
Harmony Central's User Reviews.

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@dcarroll)
Reputable Member

Nice guitars. On a lot of them the necks have a large radius, and are pretty flat so you can get a real low action and still bend strings without fretting out.

I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

I haven't keep up with all the newer ones, if they are still putting the same quality they did into them as the RG 470 and RG 570 I have, their a worthy investment. I've had mine for going on 10 years now and I put them through more than the average. At one time or another I've even given them away only to have them find their way back home. Now I wouldn't part with them.

Having numerous guitars to choose from in my collection, plus a new addition yesterday which was a gift, these old Ibanez's have always out done themselves at Performances.

Joe

ReplyQuote
(@noteboat)
Illustrious Member

My opinion about Ibanez guitars is the same as that of any other brand name - some are great, some aren't. Since guitars are made of natural materials, no two instruments will sound exactly the same.

What makes a great instrument is materials, craftsmanship, and magic. Good materials are wasted by poor craftsmanship; good craftsmanship will make second-rate materials sound better, but not great. The magic part comes because taking a piece of wood and making an instrument requires educated guesswork - so great materials and great craftsmanship can make a good instrument or a great one, depending on whether or not the guesses were right for those particular materials.

Any decent instrument properly maintained will last a long time. I still have a very nice Ibanez that I bought in 1981.

Don't make your purchase decision based on brand name or model number. Play as many guitars as you need to until one tells you "I'm the one".

Guitar teacher offering lessons in Plainfield IL

ReplyQuote
(@u2bono269)
Noble Member

I have an Ibanez GRX series guitar, made in Indonesia. It's one of their lower priced ones, but I have to say I am very impressed with the quality. My neighbor, who plays in a band and is very good, played it and commented that it must have taken a huge hit on my wallet, when really it was only about $300, maybe less. It stays in tune for days and its got great sustain. Ibanez really makes quality stuff, but like everyone else said, im sure they produce some clunkers too.

Interesting sidenote, the Ibanez USA headquarters is right down the street from my house.

http://www.brianbetteridge.com

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Every Ibanez I've owned has been a quality guitar that really delivers the goods. I bought my first two back in the 70s, and wish I still had them today.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@gizzy)
Estimable Member

I have had mine for over 2 years and it plays great, Joe Satriani plays a Ibanez.

:D

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

I have a Ibanez PF60 western, RG550 electric and reserved a AFS75 jazzbox today. No idea if you'll like them, but I haven't been dissapointed so far.

ReplyQuote
(@mhxanhma)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Thank you for your replies! You have been really helpful. Bottom line is that the Ibanez brand makes a widre range of guitars, some of which are good and some aren't, but in any case you' re all very satisfied, so I just have to walk in the music store, close my eyes and pick any guitar and start playing till I hear the right thing!

See you around!

Johann Sebastian Bass

ReplyQuote
(@rockerman)
Reputable Member

steve vai plays an ibanez also 8)

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

All companies make their top of line guitars good but few make beginner's ones good or the low priced ones.As far as ibanez is conerned the beginners and low end that i saw at http://www.samedaymusic.com and after going through the reviews found that they were quite near to crap but the high end and especially the semi electric hollowbody are Absolutly fabulous :wink:

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Ibanez actually makes very decent beginner-guitars. The Ibanez starterpack is no worse then, for example, a squier affinity starterpack. IMHO ofcourse and based on actually playing them.

ReplyQuote
(@vegas_jay)
Trusted Member

My guitar is one of the Ibanez beginner guitars (GRX40 from the Jumpstart pack). I don't have any experience with another guitar to say if it is "better" or "worse" but it seems to play just fine to me.

ReplyQuote
 sirN
(@sirn)
Reputable Member

I remember owning an Ibanez 540 Saber model back around 1990. It was that thin style made for hair metal gods. Back then it seemed everyone was playing an Ibanez, Satch, Vai, Paul Gilbert, Frank Gambale. I loved my Saber, it played great. Haven't had an Ibanez in quite a few years, but as I recal, they were nice. Then again, it will depend upon which one you buy.

check out my website for good recording/playing info

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2