Notifications
Clear all

Ibanez Prestige Rg1527 bp

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@odranoel999)
Topic starter  

Hi, I'm from Italy...i'd like to have your opinion about this model.I've found it as used but it seems in a perfect condition for around 400-450 euros (around 500 dollars)
I like rock and metal in general...so, let me know about its sound-versatility and faults, thanks a lot, Leo

(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

Wow! That's a pretty good deal if it looks normal(you might want to have it set up by a luthier; thats a doctor for guitars) it usually goes around for $825 US dollars (new). Ibanez is mainly for metal and some rock, so it seems its for you. Welcome to guitarnoise!

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
(@undercat)
Prominent Member

Not too bad. This color?

Should be fine for metal-ish stuff. Is this your first guitar? If it is, I'd investigate the floyd rose before I took it off the shelf. Lots of folks get the floyd, and then basically never use the whammy, and the hardware is enough of a pain to avoid it unless you're going to use it.

So if you're going to use the tremolo regularly, and you're a metal dude, then go for it. Decent deal it seems.

Do something you love and you'll never work a day in your life...

ReplyQuote
(@davec)
Trusted Member

I have one of the other prestige models an RG2077XL, they are the top end models, so should be great as long as no one has messed up the setup.
Even if you don't want to use the trem in the long run you can have it blocked and no lose to the value as it can easily be setup again with the trem in action.

The actual guitar would be a dark metallic grey but the same as the one undercat has post.

It should be fairly fairly versatile, pickup choices with the switch are
bridge pickup, bridge(single coil)+neck(single coil) in series, both pick ups in parallel, neck pickup in parallel and the neck pickup in series

"And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space,
'Cause there's bugger all down here on earth." - Eric Idle, The Galaxy Song.

ReplyQuote
(@odranoel999)
Topic starter  

Thanks for replying me...it's that i'm searching for a guitar as i started again playing guitar...altough i have to practice a lot.

So, i'm searching a good guitar for playing rock in general, and i like to learn using wammy bar too...so, what kind of guitar do u think i need?!

Thanks againù!!

ReplyQuote