I'm In Hell

18 Posts
11 Users
0 Likes
 Moai
(@moai)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Well, I just got back from the store, and I played some other Fender Teles, and I like the 52 better. But, I also played a G&l Tribute ASAT Premium that was incredible. It had ALMOST the same tone as the 52 for little more than a third of the money.

I am seriously considering just getting the G&L and saving a lot of bread, but then it isn't the same as the 52. I am just afraid I'll regret it. But, it isn't like the reissues are going anywhere anytime soon...

I am never going into a guitar store again, ever.

Bettie Page is the most beautiful woman who ever lived. You better recognize, G!

Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

I'm In Hell.

Welcome Moai, I've been expecting you. Enjoy your stay because there is no way out! :twisted:

As you can see, you have access to all the Estaban guitars you want. :twisted:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Really though, that is why I go STRAIGHT to the string section when I need strings! :lol:

The "L" in G&L stands for Leo, as in Leo Fender. :wink:

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

lol tracker. I was going to say something to that effect! Early bird wins the race I guess...No wait, that's not it. An early worm wins the race..No, wait. I got it, Early bird get's the worm!!

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
(@dagwood)
Noble Member

LMAO TRACKER!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :oops: :oops:

Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing. - Wernher Von Braun (1912-1977)

ReplyQuote
(@gunslinger)
Reputable Member

lol tracker. I was going to say something to that effect! Early bird wins the race I guess...No wait, that's not it. An early worm wins the race..No, wait. I got it, Early bird get's the worm!!

But the second rat gets the cheese....

Anyway, do what your heart tells you. You can't go wrong if you'll just listen to that little voice that says you need another guitar, and this is the one you need.

Of coarse, if you end up buying it then regretting it, you could always send it to Eric's Guitar Rescue and Computer Parts Emporium. I'll make sure it finds a nice home and has several playmates to keep it occupied while I'm at work ;)

Our songs also have the standard pop format: Verse, chorus, verse, chorus, solo, bad solo. All in all, I think we sound like The Knack and the Bay City Rollers being molested by Black Flag and Black Sabbath.

Kurt Cobain

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Guitar stores are evil places.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

Guitar stores are evil places.
:cry: I know...

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

But the second rat gets the cheese....
haha! I laughed when I read that, and then I thought "wait, I don't get it, why am I laughing" and then I got it, and I laughed again.

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Man You are in trouble now, you'll never rest till you buy them both!
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

I had the same experience. those G Ls are nice . it was a toss up between a new Highway 1 Tele and this tele shaped GnL.
what made me get the fender was the GnL has a swirled bowling ball finish in grey. beautiful to some/butt ugly for me.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
 Moai
(@moai)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I think I am going to give up the guitar and get into something cheaper, like yacht racing, air racing, or Formula One. :shock:

I'm going to go and play the G&L again, this time I am going to bring my practice amp with me. Then I am going to go and look for a second job. :lol:

Bettie Page is the most beautiful woman who ever lived. You better recognize, G!

ReplyQuote
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Then I am going to go and look for a second job. :lol:

I just want to get good enough that I can teach guitar for my second job. That way it all make sense (life). Atleast to me.

Geoo

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Go with the G&L if you like it. I've been impressed as well with both their 'foreign' and USA lines, it's more reasonably priced and as an added bonus you don't get stuck with that Fender headstock saving you the $3 to get a G&L sticker. :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

as an added bonus you don't get stuck with that Fender headstock saving you the $3 to get a G&L sticker. :lol:

:lol:

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
 Moai
(@moai)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Well, well. I have decided that it is my best interest to get the G&L Tribute.

One, it's WAY cheaper.

Two, I keep going back to it, why I don't know.

Three, the quality is unreal. You'd never know it was made in Korea.

Four, the pickups and tone pots sparkle fabulously.

And five, when the GF found out I put money on a guitar as spendy as the 52 reissue she got a little mad.:oops: Actually, more than a little mad. It isn't that I can't REALLY afford it, but there are toys she wants and it's only fair she gets cool things every once in a while. She wants to go on a cruise, for example.

Man, it's hot down here. :D

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2