Clear all

New Guitar! Its a Breedlove, with pics!

18 Posts
15 Users
0 Likes
(@rollnrock89)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Hey guys, I am now the very happy owner of a Breedlove AC25/SM acoustic. I got it with a hardshell case for $670, which I think was a great deal, as MF sells this guitar for $700 without a hardshell case.

For a few months I was casually looking to buy an acoustic, somewhere in the 500-600 range. If I was in a music store I would try a few out hoping to find one that stood out from the others. I wanted to buy a guitar that basically yelled "You need me!!".

Then a few weeks ago I was in a music store I don't go to very much, and saw they had a bunch of Breedloves. I had only heard of them one other time, Nick owns one of their high end models.

I played several of them and was really amazed that all these guitars sounded and played great, much better than most 1000-2000 acoustics that I had played in many other stores. After going through several of the different models, I decided on the AC25/SR. They were all nice guitars but this one was a little louder and brighter than the others.

I've had the guitar for about a week and everytime I play it I am still amazed at how good it sounds, I just absolutely love playing it. The action is very nice, low for an acoustic and doesn't buzz unless your really pounding away. Here are some pics!!

It's got a solid sitka spruce top and a solid mahogany back. I really love the way the back looks.

Hope you guys like it!

The first time I heard a Beatles song was "Let It Be." Some little kid was singing along with it: "Let it pee, let it pee" and pretending he was taking a leak. Hey, that's what happened, OK?-some guy

(@maxo127)
Reputable Member

its very nice man....i have played this guitar once at my camp....its a really confertable guitar i find...enjoy

$MAX$

ReplyQuote
(@u2bono269)
Noble Member

that is GORGEOUS. what kind of wood is that on the back and sides?

http://www.brianbetteridge.com

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Nice. Enjoy...

I hear the electronics in them are pretty good too.

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@maxrumble)
Honorable Member

She's a beauty

Give her lots of love

Cheers,

Max

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

Nice axe!

Elixers on it? 8)

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

She's a beauty, take good care of her.

ReplyQuote
 Moai
(@moai)
Estimable Member

Very pretty! You're a lucky guy!

Bettie Page is the most beautiful woman who ever lived. You better recognize, G!

ReplyQuote
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member

Man, I gotta wipe the drool off my keyboard now.

ReplyQuote
(@lord_ariez)
Reputable Member

Very nice!! Show it much love

I like the cutaway on it :D

'You and I in a little toy shop, bought a bag of balloons with the money we got"

feel free to talk with me on msn at [email protected]..... no icq anymore

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

You have to go through the soundhole to change the strings?

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

I didn't read your whole post, in a bit of a rush.

Just wanted to say that back is BEAUTIFUL. Awesome back. haha. "NICE ASS" as they say in the bizz.

Nice (what I'm assuming is) binding as well. Nice sound whole surrounder thing too.

Beautiful guitar, congrats!

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote
(@rollnrock89)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Thanks a lot everyone, glad you like it.

It has fishman classic 4 electronics, which is pretty nice. I've only played it through one acoustic amp so far but it sounded good. I think it sounds best unplugged, but thats only compared to one amp. Playing plugged in isn't much of an issue for me now so I haven't tested it very much.

The cutaway on this thing is great, I can pretty easily use almost all of the frets on the high strings. Once you get past fret 19 you have to reposition your hand a bit to get the rest, but the rest of the frets up are playable.

This guitar, as well as most Breedloves, strings just like an electric. The strings pull through from the back of the bridge, which is nice, makes restringing a bit easier. How come most acoustics use bridge pins?

The guitar currently has D'addario EXP lights coated strings. I like these, but I haven't tried out any other ones yet. I hear that many people really like elixirs on acoustics, I definetly think I'll try them out next. Should I get the polyweb, the nanoweb, or the nanoweb phosphor bronze?

When my hands get strong enough I am going to switch up to medium strings. Man are my finger tips sore now. Up until a week ago I only really played an electric, which is so much easier in terms of hand strength and callouses. Since I have gotten my acoustic I've been playing a lot more, and my fingers are usually burning when I'm done playing.

Thanks for all the compliments everyone.

The first time I heard a Beatles song was "Let It Be." Some little kid was singing along with it: "Let it pee, let it pee" and pretending he was taking a leak. Hey, that's what happened, OK?-some guy

ReplyQuote
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

Lovely. :D

Having done a lot of woodworking over the years, when I see a nice piece of timber and a nice shape I always want to run my hands over it.

My hand instinctively started to come off the mouse towards your pics, until the (alleged) brain cut in and said "DOH....!!"

Have a great time together.

Cheers Chris

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

That is a very beautiful guitar! Congrats!

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2