Well, I ALMOST boug...

Notifications
Clear all

Well, I ALMOST bought one!

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)

I went to Daddy's Junky Music to get some strings for my acoustic...now since I can play a bit better I am not as afraid to go and play some of the guitars in the store. So after Crank posted this Ovation CC026 Celebrity I decided to see what they had. Their price was $299 but I told him about the MF sale and the salesclerk lowered the price to account for the state sales tax and match MF.

Well the action was terrible and the clerk asked if I wanted him to lower the action and of course I said SURE!...in the mean time I played a few other acoustics using the Behringer Ultracoustic® ACX1000 2x60W Acoustic Amp that I want to get. The guitar I liked the most was this Ibanez AES10E Acoustic Electric Guitar. This thing was AWESOME! But they wanted the same price as American Musical Supply.

The clerk came back with the Ovation and the action was still a bit high but he said the saddle I believe? needed to be sanded down a bit...which I agreed since the action was fine by the headstock...

Unplugged this guitar was OK...but plugged in it is MAGICAL! The electronics were just AWESOME sounding and I didn't even have the amp set where I wanted it!

This was their last one but the clerk said they usually get new one's in every week...He also said I could put 10% down and pay the rest off in 30 days...VERY tempting!!!!! :P :P :P :P :P

But I decided to just get the strings... :cry: :cry: :cry: because I am about as poor as poor can be right now! :twisted: :cry:

I felt like a crack-head going through withdrawls from rehab!! :cry: :twisted: :cry: :twisted: :cry: :twisted: !

(@demoetc)
Noble Member

Great report!

Maybe you could try out a few more of the same guitar when they arrive. Sometimes one'll stand out (tone, setup, etc) in a batch of them. You'd think they'd all be identical, but...try other individuals of the same model. You might be surprised.

Take care.

Oh, getting strings is wonderful. I'm putting an order out at a certain point, maybe next month, and it's something to look forward too because it's like getting all new guitars.

Take care

ReplyQuote
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

Unplugged this guitar was OK...but plugged in it is MAGICAL! The electronics were just AWESOME sounding and I didn't even have the amp set where I wanted it!
Yeah, same with an all graphite Ovation I played a while back... I'm pretty sure Ovations are made to be plugged in... :)

Stairway to Freebird!

ReplyQuote
 Taso
(@taso)
Famed Member

lol mike. I remember when I went to try out les pauls, and realized I didn't have the money for one. It was all I thought about for two weeks. Homework? Forget about it, I spent my time trying to find a cheaper Les Paul with a AAA top, classic gibson.

She's sitting right behind me now :)

http://taso.dmusic.com/music/

ReplyQuote