Skip to content
Inspirational Story...

Notifications
Clear all

Inspirational Story - Just Incredible...

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@xposed)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I was reading the following, it had an incredible impact on me and I had to share it with you all.

The following is from Toastmasters September Issue:

"John Erskine was a highly regarded American educator, musician and novelist noted for energetic, skilled work in several different fields. Erksine said he learned one of the most valuable lessons of his life when he was only 14 years old. It took place when his piano teacher asked: "How many times a week do you practice and how long do you practice each time?" Erskine said he tried to practice once daily for an hour or more. "Don't do that," she responded. "When you grow up, time won't come in long stretches. Practice in minutes, whenever you can find them - five or 10 before school, after lunch, between chores. Spread your practice throughout the day and music will become a part of your life."

So did the advice work, what do you guys think? Here's what happend =D

"It was advice he accepted and acted upon. Erskine became a concert pianist who performed with the New York Philharmonic. Later he served as president of the Julliard School of Music and director of the metropolitan Opera Association. He also went on to teach literature at Columbia University and wrote 45 books. His most famous, The Private Life of Helen of Troy, was written as he commuted to Columbia."

Boy when I read the part, "then music will become a part of your life." I was so moved by that statement, I envisioned myself being surrounded by the all the wonder and beauty of music that I would be playing. Oh so powerful for me!