It just had to happen, didn't it?

10 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30100-13516540,00.html

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

Been in the US for a while, I think. There is already a forum dedicated to modding the "axe."

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Best Buy has a display with this hooked up at the store by me, and my son jams on this thing everytime we go there. The 1st time he tried it, he couldn't keep up with the song during the solo to "Iron Man", and he got booed of the stage! He's since made it through "Iron Man" and a couple of other songs. :roll: :wink: You just have to hit the correct colored buttons at the right time to keep the guitar part going. When you miss, there is no guitar sound until you hit the next button on time, and if you miss alot, the crowd starts booing. It follows the rhythm of the songs pretty good. There are easy to very hard settings too. I've seen teenagers in there jamming on this toy too. It's a fun little toy, but NO WAY are you getting me on this thing in public! :oops: :lol:

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@ghost)
Prominent Member

"Guitar Hero" has been out for some time now, can't remember how long though. I saw a really funny review for it on a show called "X-Play" and it scored well with the two host. They also had a skit, where just like in the game the "guitarist" would screw up and the crowd would boo them. I don't think the host Adam and Morgan could play worth a hill of beans if their life depended on it and they probably don't care either.

Good thing we don't have the arcades like in Japan to be making goofs of ourselves with it in public. I saw it a one of the big box stores for $60, might have been a $100 when it first came out. I think another member here had it pictured in his/her avatar.

Someday I might pick up one for fun.

"If I had a time machine, I'd go back and tell me to practise that bloody guitar!" -Vic Lewis

Everything is 42..... again.

ReplyQuote
(@quarterfront)
Reputable Member

Ick.

ReplyQuote
(@cyranodb)
Estimable Member

They had this at a sci-fi convention i was at in Long island, NY. I looked for a few minutes.....I like my real strat better ;)

"I use heavy strings, tune low, play hard and floor it. Floor it, that's a technical term." - SRV

ReplyQuote
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

I have a buddy who has one (I think it's his kid's) and he actually recorded himself and sent me a copy. It was pretty cool for someone who is a non-musical type.

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

Although this is a new game, it is not a new idea. A few years ago when the PS2 was fairly new (I think!) there was a game called Gitaroo Man released in very small numbers in Europe (not sure about the US, but you can find a few on eBay now and again). You had to use the controller buttons to follow the 'notes' on screen to play the music in order to battle a fellow character. I have played this game many times, and it is a rare treat I must say, both visually and musically. Although taking it a step further and actually putting a 'guitar' as a controller is a bit much in my opinion.

ReplyQuote
(@corbind)
Noble Member

That's hilarious! :-)

"Nothing...can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts."

ReplyQuote
(@juice)
Eminent Member

Funny how cheap and ridiculous this looks....until you play it!!! I have been going with a co-worker every day at lunch to the local Fry's to play this where they have it set up on a big screen. It's amazingly addictive, and actually a LOT of fun. I will end up buying this soon.

I just took real estate in your mind.

ReplyQuote