Just a noob

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@samurai99)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Hi Guys,
Ive recently been obssessed with a song Cascada-Everytime we touch. It has an amazing chorus which I think is some sort of guitar but cant make it out. I have the tabs but not the know how to get that sound. So listen to that amazing song and help if you can.
Thanks in advance (for reading at least)

(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

I think that their classification should tell you a lot - "progressive trance". The chances of finding a guitar are pretty slim, it's a 99.9% chance that you're listening to a keyboard or a synthesiser.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Which version are we talking about here? The radio edit, remix or album one?

ReplyQuote
(@samurai99)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

The radio mix is what i mean

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

This is your lucky day, that's the only version I have on my pc. ;) Anyway, there's no guitar in it (no idea at all why they call it progressive, it's well-executed standard trance if you ask me). Anyway, I assume you're talking about the lead-sound. That's, as greybeard guessed, a synth. Uber compressed, saw, touch of reverb to make it more spatial. It's the kind of sound you can approximate on guitar by using the compressor the max (no dynamics allowed at all!), using a fair ammount of gain and a scooped EQ (leaving room for the vocals).

Or you just buy any synthesizer since this is one of the most basic trance sounds, you can make this yourself in a minute. :)

ReplyQuote