Clear all

Just wondering...

6 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@audioboy)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Now, I know alot of you have been playing the gutiar for quite some time, but I just went back through some of my old guitar papers and some of the things that where once terribly difficult seem really easy now. I was wondering (even though I am sure everyone has) has anyone else had this experience?

(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

when i was 3 years old, i couldn't read. i still can't, but i'm better at faking it.

ReplyQuote
(@jwishart77)
Estimable Member

I know what you mean. Not so much going through old stuff, but whenever I try to teach a friend how to play something I have no patience. I do actually remember how long it took me to learn how to play things like chords - i played knocking on heavens door about a billion times before I could hold a decent C D or G chord, but now it's so easy I just can't believe other people can't do it...

Me "teaching" someone is like "play C, no not G, C.....I said C....no that's A...just play C!!!"

ReplyQuote
(@corbind)
Noble Member

Absolutely. I type things up and save them. I'll look at thing from half a year ago or all the way to my first months of playing and laugh at how easy some things have become. I guess it's just the process of learning.

"Nothing...can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts."

ReplyQuote
(@decieved)
Trusted Member

i know exactly what you mean. it feels good

ReplyQuote
(@llynix)
Eminent Member

I can't wait until a year goes by on my website and I get to look back at how much I've progressed.

Should make for an interesting experiment if I make it that long :)

One man, one guitar, one website, one ditty a day. - http://onedittyaday.com

ReplyQuote