Clear all

learned a new song

8 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@six-string-suicide)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Today i finally learned to play Heartbreaker by Led Zeppelin. Not the solo though, but all the other parts i can now play perfectly. i'm going to play it at thanksgiving when i get together with my family, they all want to see how i play. i can play the beginning of the solo, but not much and not very well. The song was pretty easy to learn, the only part i had problems with was the 2nd intro riff, where there is a long stretch from the 2nd to the 5th frets on the A string. Whenever i would get to that riff i would mute the D string, and i had to play that string next so i had to keep it clear. Next i'm going to learn to play Black Dog by led zeppelin, but that one seems a lot harder :twisted:

Some people don't like to stop and take a look at the big picture, i make them stop, and i make them look.

(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

8)

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

I'll add a 8) as well! There are some Zeppelin songs on the ESD you may want to check out as well. Good luck & keep jammin'! :D

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Congrats! 8)

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Congrats on learning Heartbreaker. Takes me way back, I spent a lot of time copying songs from Led Zeppelin II when I started. This was when the album first came out!

Good luck on that solo, that is a tough one. I read an interview once where Eddie Van Halen said he spent a lot of time on this solo and was difficult for him too. :shock:

And if you are into Led Zeppelin, check out Misty Mountain Hop in the ESD, it is super easy, you can learn it in minutes. :D

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@minotaur)
Noble Member

Congratulations! It's always a boost and shot in the arm to learn something new. Believe you me, I know. Good luck at the "performance". :wink:

It is difficult to answer when one does not understand the question.

ReplyQuote
(@jackss565)
Reputable Member

Congrats

ReplyQuote
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member

I spent a lot of time learning that song. It has a special meaning to me. Some parts flowed well and some were just plain hard. I still struggle with the solo's.

Anyway's a big congrats! BTW that is one of my all time favorite songs.

ReplyQuote