Light Guitar

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@dicey1)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Hello all
I have a Gretsch G5420T and I love it but its a bit heavy ...does anyone know if any of the other gretsch guitars are a bit lighter??? I have a Tele also and thats heavy enough too,
I have seen the new Taylor Hybrid which is really light but also really expensive!
Any thoughts welcome!
Dicey

(@notes_norton)
Noble Member

Parker DF and PDF models are light. My DF524NS and my DF522NN weigh about 5 pounds each.

I'm not a Parker salesman - just a customer. When I got my 524 I quit playing my Gibson, Epiphone and LTD guitars. I liked the guitar so much I had them make the 522 with my pickup recommendations. Now I have one to take to the gig, and one to play at home.

What do I like about them?

• Light weight

• Well balanced - no neck dive

• Contoured body - no arm pinch and it's almost like wearing the guitar instead of holding it

• Fast neck with 14" radius and 25.5" scale

• Hardened Stainless Steel Frets and Ebony fretboards make bending a breeze

• Sperzel locking tuners, Graph-Tec nut and bridge plus an almost straight string path makes for incredible tuning stability

• Duncan magnetic pickups sound great

• There is also a piezo pickup under the bridge that you can blend with the mags for some unique sounds

• Great customer support - the wood on the body cracked 2 years after the warranty had expired, I asked them how to fix it, and they said the wood shouldn't have cracked and replaced it with a brand new guitar - they even paid return shipping on the broken one.
  • My Gibson, Epiphone and LTD are still just collecting dust because the Parkers are so easy to play it's like I'm cheating.

Insights and incites by Notes

Bob "Notes" Norton

Owner, Norton Music http://www.nortonmusic.com Add-on Styles for Band-in-a-Box and Microsoft SongSmith

The Sophisticats http://www.s-cats.com >^. .^< >^. .^<

ReplyQuote