Clear all

Looking For The Steppenwolf Tone...

25 Posts
14 Users
0 Likes
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

along with other assorted vintage gear.

I hate replies like this. "Yeah, I used a guitar, an amp and some other stuff which I'm not gonna tell you but they did play a vital role in my sound."

Why did he bother to answer is he isn't really going to answer in the first place? Unless, ofcourse, 'assorted vintage gear' means a cable and a pick. :D
It was an interview, not an inquisition. He didn't mention what strings he used, what the amp settings were or what colour underwear he had on, either. After so long it's unlikely that he remembers exactly what was used, anyway.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

I agree with moai. I think the musicians realise that the more people play, the more interested they are in music. That helps them become more popular and give's them a nicer sense of being part of the "community".

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

lol parker, it happens.

Everything sound good now?

Yeah man, it's all good. In fact, I have a lot of different tones that sound good to pick from now. You know, the personal taste and mood thing.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@stormymonday)
Reputable Member

hey stormy,
your little thing you use in your signature is wrong btw i dont use and will never use IE lol just thought id let ya know!!!!

Maybe you just think you're not using IE. My signature knows all. And tells more. Don't question the knowledge of the signature.

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

It's getting smarter. It's finally recognized that the browser I'm usually running on my Mac is Safari, not Netscape as it used to think.

Back in the '90s I had a similar script on my home page. Finally got tired of it.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@maxo127)
Reputable Member

Has anyone officially been kicked off this forum for being a complete dumb-a&&? I might be the first.

OK, so I finally found the tab for this tune. I try it, bust my butt trying to find some sort of hint of that tone I was looking for. I post on the forum, get some good answers. Try 'em out, still sounds like crud.

Then I see it on my print out. A simple little "capo at III". I'll admit it was small, but darn.

iv done some pretty stupid things....like post how much my old 64 would cost...

i havn't got kicked out yet lol

$MAX$

ReplyQuote
(@stormymonday)
Reputable Member

Back in the '90s I had a similar script on my home page. Finally got tired of it.

Are you saying I'm behind the times and need to retire it?

I use Safari on the Mac as well, and it always recognizes me correctly, FWIW.

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

I think it started recognizing Safari at the last sytem update. Maybe the one before it. I've seen several other sites recognize Safari as Netscape.

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

It's pretty much all about the engine that your browser is "built" off of.

Roy

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

I don't know the history of Safari, if Apple built it from a Mozilla derivative (like Netscape, Firefox and Camino.)

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2