Clear all

Making new friends on GuitarNoise

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

After almost two years, I finally got together with Chris (Cnev) the other night. He lives here in Ct. like myself, or at least he did for awhile. We talked about meeting at an Open Mic in Hartford, but it never came about. Then Chris moved to North Carolina. But now he is moving back I believe. He was here last week anyway.

Anyway, we finally met and jammed together last Friday night. We arranged to meet at a Dunkin Donuts and then went to his friends house in Watertown. There I met several of his friends. One was Mike, another named Carmen, and I can't remember the other names (I suffer from "old-timers disease").

I brought a Mackie powered mixer, a speaker, and mics so we could have some vocals. We had 3 mics going. Chris brought his new Hot Rod Deluxe, there was a Roland amp, and I brought my Marshall DSL401. Carmen the drummer had this little electronic kit into a tiny practice amp. Chris had his MIM Strat, I had my LP Studio, can't remember what the other electic guitar was, and one guy had a real nice Guild acoustic.

We had a great time jamming for about 3 hours. We had all the songs projected on a screen on the wall. I liked that, surprised I haven't seen that before.

I brought my Weber attenuator so Chris could try it through his HRD. I think he liked it.

So, I want to thank GuitarNoise for all the nice friends I've made. I've met David Hodge, Laz, Greg (Gnease), Nick, and now Chris (Cnev). If I've forgotten anyone please forgive me.

This is a great site where you can learn guitar and even make some great friends.

Thanks GuitarNoise. :D

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis