Clear all

message of love?

8 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@antny)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

just curious, i know jimmy is tuned down a whole step on power to love but does anyone know what tunning he is in for message of love. any tips on this song would be appreciated i.e. key, tone, effects. if you haven't heard this song and you like jimmy you definately need to pick up bad of gypsys. great album and it should open the eyes of anyone who hasn't understood what is great about jimi.

(@aroundtheclaxon)
Estimable Member

what jimmy are u talking about??? u said jimmy but then u said jimi those huh!?!?!?!?

Head Arcitech at Vandelay Instudries

ReplyQuote
(@antny)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

gimme a break brother i type fast on message boards. the one and only jimi hendrix

ReplyQuote
(@aroundtheclaxon)
Estimable Member

i really didnt know man sorry

Head Arcitech at Vandelay Instudries

ReplyQuote
(@mattypretends116)
Honorable Member

I thought he always tuned down a half step only. Chances are thats the one....

"Contrary to popular belief, Clapton is NOT God. The prospect that he is God probably had a large hand in driving him to drugs and booze. Thanks everyone."

-Guitar World :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

antny

I bought this album when it came out in 1970. That was when they only had big LP records, and 8 tracks. :D

I think this album is the very best Hendrix album ever. I spent months copying these songs. I loved Message of Love and Power of Love.

Not completely sure what Jimi (that's how you spell it) was using, but he usually used a Wah, Octavia, Fuzz Face, and Uni-Vibe. That was his standard pedals setup. He usually used Marshall 100W Super Lead amps. He used many amps but this was his favorite.

I am with you on this album. It is the best.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@antny)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

wes, i don't know how i missed it but i have had this album for a few years now and have only just now realized the power of this song. i think i focused on machine gun and power to love( which has the best note ever played during the intro the lone open low note after a run high up on the fret board). I think it is the octave pedal that throws me off a bit. thanks

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

To me , All along the watchtower appeals as hendrix's best.

ReplyQuote