Skip to content
Music Production Te...

Notifications
Clear all

Music Production Technology Degree at Age 32 ??

8 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@flamtlcafan)
Topic starter  

Am I crazy or what?

I applied and got accepted to a local college and I'm finally gonna go for my A.S. Degree in Music Production Technology...

Of course the usual boring classes at first...English, Science, Math....

But then the fun begins....Studio work, ensemble, theory,  AND I get to learn piano!! LOL (that's really not me, but it's fundamental I guess)

I might even specialize in performance or audio/video technology...

Wish me luck...I'm one of the few with gray hair standing in line at the Admissions Office...

Have you ever woken up sober after a one night stand and the person next to you is laying on your arm, and they are so ugly that you'd rather chew off your arm than risk waking them?THAT's Coyote Ugly

(@danlasley)
Noble Member

Yup - you're crazy - just like the rest of us! ;D

Good Luck!  Are you at Full Sail?

-Laz

ReplyQuote
(@flamtlcafan)
Topic starter  

Nope....

Full-Sail is an awesome school from what I hear...

But they don't have the option of Online Courses or weekend/night courses.....I'll have to do this in my free time after a full 40 hour work week, so I'm going to Valencia C.C....I've seen their studio/band/film rooms, and I was quite impressed.....

I would suggest to anyone pursuing this type of Career to check out Full-Sail first for sure

Have you ever woken up sober after a one night stand and the person next to you is laying on your arm, and they are so ugly that you'd rather chew off your arm than risk waking them?THAT's Coyote Ugly

ReplyQuote
(@corbind)
Noble Member

Education never hurts no matter what the age.  It will be a great journey into a new venue!

"Nothing...can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts."

ReplyQuote
(@bejota013)

Education is for everyone, no matter the age.  
You are starting a new chapter in your book of life, one that will be an amazing journey with a great career.  If I were to do school over again I would probably go back and look into music production, but not when I am going to graduate in 5 months.  I need a little break from school!  
Good luck with your change of plans, I give you props for following your dreams - - many people think about changing but never have the courage to do so.  That says a lot about yourself for even signing up for it.  Congrats!

-BeJota.

ReplyQuote
(@portia)
Reputable Member

Good luck!  and congratulations for having the courage to go back to school for something you're interested in. I'm sure you won't be the only one with grey hair.  ;)  I'm a little envious, I've been wrestling with the idea of totally changing carreer directions myself.

:)Portia

ReplyQuote
(@jimiange)

Good luck to you and wish the same for me.

I am 39 have a Marketing degree, but will be enrolling at the local community college in fall 04 to pursue an AAS in music. One class at a time beginning with theory 101.

I an't wait to study something I love and hopefully turn my lil hobby into a new career when I retire in 16 years.

ReplyQuote
(@mattypretends116)
Honorable Member

I think its great, do what makes you happy. Thats what's good about the US versus Uncle Karl Marx, as my history instructor likes to call him.... ::)

Good luck, good for you!

M

"Contrary to popular belief, Clapton is NOT God. The prospect that he is God probably had a large hand in driving him to drugs and booze. Thanks everyone."

-Guitar World :lol:

ReplyQuote